Sunday, 28 March 2010

Garden Fairies





























I've just joined in The Artist Trading Club 'Swap til you drop' challenge and this month's subject is 'Garden Fairies'. They've got to be in by the end of the month so I've been v busy trying to get mine completed in time. I know my fairies aren't pretty in a classical way but they assure me they are the real deal, and if you look very carefully you can see they're all sparkly and have got little jewels and magic wands. The fairies with the red jewels spread love amongst the wild animals, the ones with diamonds bestow happy thoughts, and the one with black jewels is rather naughty and tries to trick unsuspecting critters. (fantastic Beetle images from The Vintage Moth, http://www.percyandbloom.com/) Sadly, however, they've been captured by a mean fairy collector. Something tells me I need to get out more.....! I'm really looking forward to receiving ATC's from other Garden Fairy creators.
Yesterday Hope and I enjoyed a trip to Hobbycraft and, one of my favourite places, the Craft Barn ( http://www.thecraftbarn.com/) in Lingfield. I got a couple of bits I needed (poor Grant keeps on trying to teach me the difference between 'want' and 'need'. Of course I need distress inks), and a small bag full of vintage looking hinges, brackets and screws - fabby! I can't wait to use them.
Quite by chance I stumbled across the blog of a friend I made at a workshop at the Craft Barn. Penny and I started to swap ATC's but then we lost contact (her PC went all hormonal, you know how it is?!). Anyway, hurrah, we've made contact again. She's got a wonderful blog which is such fun, and she's so creative. Sneak a peek at http://heavens2betsy-creativeoverflow.blogspot.com/ . We're going to start swapping ATC's again, and hopefully meet up again soon.


Inchybyinch 'L' day tomorrow............. see you then!

7 comments:

missy k said...

Hi Jo

I clicked for a close up and have seen the impressive sparkle and shine..... I wondered if the mean fairy collector was you at first - out in the garden with your stickles and jewels! phew.... then I saw the images were from Vintage Moth!

These are great!

Good news you met up with your old blogging buddy :)

Karenx

Martina2801 said...

These are very impressive! Stunning artwork.

Chriss Rollins said...

OMG these are so real looking i too clicked on and enlarged and enlarged again...wow..liking the wood frames too.

I have seen some of Penny's work and am doing ATC swaps with her :)she is very talented like you say.Glad that you have found her again.

Happy New Blog and thanks for joining our ATC club

Chriss x

Yvonne said...

Gorgeous garden fairies, Jo! They are superb and I love the burlap background, just brings it all out!

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Absolutely LOVE what you've done with the bugs!
Brilliant!
oxo

Chris said...

Oh I know I left a comment for you on my last visit... ok who nicked it... Chriss told me she hadn't seen mine so the fairies have been playing games...lol

Your atc's are just amazing... you really though out of the box with these and you did a great job... they are simply beautiful and so original... hope I get one in the swap :D

hugs
Chris xx

Chris said...

ha ha ha mystery solved... didn't realize there was word verification on... hope the fairies forgive me for blaming them....rofl