Monday, 29 March 2010

'L' inchy challenge


The inchybyinch challenge has reached the letter 'L' and these are mine. Is Lady Luck smiling on you? I hope so. She has a rather large four leaf clover on her head which, apparently, is giving her a splitting headache. I think there's a bit of cosmic ordering going on behind her as well. There's a story behind Lady Duck...........Luke and I were driving to his Parents Evening and as we drove through the little village of Four Elms, past its pond, the traffic came to a total standstill. Why? Well, two ducks were, how shall I put it, making lurve in the middle of the road. No car could pass them, so they had a captive, and rather amused, audience! The male duck had an unusual style which involved holding the back of the neck of his loved one, and repeatedly knocking it on the ground, whilst appearing to jump on her back. Luke, ever the innocent, asked me what they were doing, to which I replied, "Mating." After much laughter I just said, "Just be grateful you're not the Lady Duck!" Hence, please find my inchy of Lady Duck, together with her sparkly crash helmet.

8 comments:

daisy said...

... well I've stopped laughing just long enough to say thank you for the much needed giggle.

They are both fabulous!

daisy xx

missy k said...

Hi Jo

I love your inchies and the story behind them!

The helmet on 'Lady Duck' is superb and the feather very fetching!

Karenx

Jo said...

Mr Duck thought so too!

x

Fiona Whitehead said...

Gotcha! What a great story - poor old Lady Duck - she can safely say " not tonight dear I have a headache!" lol!

JaN's ArTy AtC JouRneY said...

LOL Great story!
...and even fabbier inchies!

Jan x

Lesley said...

Wonderful inchies and great story! xx

Irish3 said...

Well that's the best duck story I've heard in quite a while! Love both inchies!!

Ellen said...

wonderful inchies , love the added helmet and had a great giggle