Thursday, 8 April 2010

2 Guys, 2 Gals and Mother



The theme is 'Vintage' for the Artist Trading Club swap this month, so I would like to introduce the Professor, Dr Buckie, Jessie, Daisy and Mother. The backgrounds are messy acrylic paint, overlaid with a copper embossed clock and stamped bits and pieces. Images are from digital collage sheets.com.

I'm not a very happy bunny this week. On Monday morning, as the sunshine broke through the clouds, I decided to wash all the covers for the sitting room furniture. Now if any of you lovely people have washable covers on their sofas, armchairs and footstools, you will know what I mean when I say that IT NEARLY KILLED ME! Those seat cushions fight back with a vigour worthy of Superman. (And I'm no Wonder woman, believe me!). Anyway, in the battle between woman and cover I've torn a muscle with a long name in my pelvic area, rendering me immobile. This morning I couldn't move at all until the lovely Mario, an osteopath, arrived. At least I can now lurch from room to room with an ice pack strapped to my lower back. Mario reckons I'll be like this for a week, which is not good news because, amongst other things, it is my in-laws Golden Wedding Anniversary party on Saturday and I can't imagine I'll be able to sit in a car any time soon:0(

The covers are lovely and clean though .....;0)

12 comments:

Crafty Dawn said...

I had to laugh when you said how clean the covers were (sorry) lol what a cover story!

The ATCs are yummy and the clock (time) as a halo is ingenious

Love Dawn xx

Chriss Rollins said...

fab vintage ATC's as soon as I saw them i pictured each of your people sat in a lady's parlour agter having been invited to take tea with her.

wonderful colours and where do you come up with those words...lol.

now not sooo funny... pain in your back ... and yes know what the full on battle with removable covers can be ...should come with a health warning when they advertise removable covers on suites.

get pain free soon.

chriss x

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Your ATCs are each wonderful and clever too, great use of words!
So sorry about your injury...housework is dangerous and should be avoided at all costs ...
make art :) Hope you're feeling fit as a fiddle real soon.
I am really exciting about being in such a great ATC swap!
oxo

missy k said...

Jo

Firstly 'what?' you've already completed your vintage atc's....

I haven't even thought about what I might do yet! The only paint I can think about at the moment is Eau de Nil - we are decorating - well it is Easter!

Your atc's are great fun - I love the 'messy' backgrounds and the comic captions :)

I really hope your torn muscle repairs soon.... it sounds so painful plus I really don't want you not to go on Saturday, but do what is best for you and your back! and get fit soon!!!!!

Love Karenx

JaN's ArTy AtC JouRneY said...

Wow, amazing vintage atc's, fab backgrounds!! love the captions. Hope I get one of these in the swap!! ;)
LOL glad to hear your covers are lovely and clean!! but not so good to hear you are suffering with your back!! :(
Hope you feel better very soon!!
Jan x

Martina2801 said...

Dear Jo, these are awesome!! I hope to be lucky enough to swap with one of yours :)) Your ATC`s are so gorgeous!!!! Wow!!!!

Rosie said...

Jo, I just lost my comment (grrr...) bt I love your humorous ATCs, hope to get my paws on one and I sympathis with your plight. I detest fitted covers... =)

Heavens2Betsy said...

Hi Jo, sorry to hear what damage loose-cover wrestling has caused you ... sounds very painful pet. I love your vintage atcs - fabulous halos. Exquisite! x

Yvonne said...

Hey Jo, sorry to hear about your ordeal with the covers!

On another note, I totally love your vintage ATCs. Great art!

Jaqi said...

I love these , they are great , the last one is my favourite , its a fab quote hehehe. Thanks for sharing they are brilliant

Debby said...

Hi Jo, these are all so fabulous, love them. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment.
Debby

Stacy said...

Jo, your ATCs are wonderful! Love the backgrounds...someday I must be brave and try using paint. Love your humor..."Mother" is a stitch and I think Dr. Buckey was my doctor once upon a time! Much sympathy for your back pain; hard to enjoy anthing when that happens. Hope you are feeling better soon.