Sunday, 4 April 2010

Altered sewing box


My lovely friend Louise, who is the manager of a local charity shop (what a cornucopia of delight!), knows the kind of 'stuff' I like and points me in their direction when I pop in. This was a very 'nice' box frame just begging to be altered! I used tatty vintage pattern paper, which I then whitewashed, for the top frame and then filled each section with vintage paper, images and sewing paraphernalia. I'll be looking out for other sewing bits and bobs to go in it, but for the time being it'll be going on a shelf in the conservatory (otherwise known as my studio!).

11 comments:

Heavens2Betsy said...

Hello again Madame Fiddlesnips! you have excelled yourself with this wondrous creation. I love what you've done with this. Nothing better than breathing new life into a charity shop find x

Anesha said...

Lovely use of an old frame. Wonderful work and thanks for visiting my blog. Anesha

Chriss Rollins said...

wonderful,
reminds me I must find time to alter a few charity shop finds

great inchies too.

chriss x

missy k said...

Hi Jo

I am playing catch up ...... !

What a treasure! I had to click on the image for a little closer up sneaky peak.... it's gorgeous! It's handy too having someone on the inside!!!!

Karenx

Lorraine said...

lovely artwork and I love your inchies too..thanks for visiting my blog and hope you had a great Easter and met the real Easter bunny..ha ha

bad penny said...

great find & I love what you've done with it.
Thanks for your nice comment about my April dress

Yvonne said...

Absolutely beautiful, Jo!

Kimmie said...

I used to have loads of those old patterns! can't believe I tossed them out! argh! they work beautifully on your whitewashed wood! cool project :)

Martina2801 said...

This piece is spectacular! I'm glad I came by to see your work today!

Crafty Dawn said...

Oh very arty indeed loving the sewing theme I had some sewing in mind for a project (another one lol) whether it will be finished or not is another thing lol

Love Dawn xx

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Your sewing box is brilliant, loveliest of details! How lucky to have someone helping spot treasures for you too!
oxo