Tuesday, 20 April 2010

Collage Obsession 'Beach'



I stumbled across Collage Obsession while blog hopping. They have a weekly challenge and this week's is 'Beach'. They provide an image which you may want to use (I did). I did mine as a 6"x4" postcard size. Messy acrylic background, messy embossed edges, sparkly cardstock mermaid tail, flowers stamped then stamped again and distress embossed, fish and snail hat from old fish identification book from charity shop, and encrusted jewels from the bottom of my bits box. Quote from another book saved from being recycled.

10 comments:

indybev said...

This is really a fun piece. Lovely interpretation of this week's challenge image!

Carmen said...

I love Collage Obsession, keep saving the images but haven't got round to playing yet! I adore what you have done with this image! So perfect!

Heavens2Betsy said...

Oh Jo! This is just divine ..... tis a wonderous creation. I love every element and the way you have constructed the design. I love the stamped, and stamped again flowers - very effective x

missy k said...

Jo

I like the fact that you have encrusted jewels on the bottom of your 'bits' box!

Love the background and especially the distress embossed flowers....... great work!

Karenx

Kristin said...

Hi Jo,
I absolutely love what you did with this!! I believe the sequins are my favorite part but the whole piece is just lovely! Thanks for stopping by and giving me the pep talk about blog posting guilt, so appreciated!

Elegia said...

Wow, this is very impressive piece, Jo! I love your underwater beach, looks very calm and so beautiful. Thank you for joining!

Lorraine said...

love the mermaid collage and your arabian little shrine is superb..thanks for visiting my blog today and Im glad my husbands poem gave you a laugh..have a good week

Jeanne said...

very fun and playful .... good job

cornishmist - thats me ju x said...

Hi jan, love your take on the theme and those added sequins look fabby thanks for stopping by my blog ju x

JaN's ArTy AtC JouRneY said...

Whooo, I love all your elements in this mermaid piece, Stunning!

Jan x