Friday, 30 April 2010

Collage Obsession 'flowers'



The theme at Collage Obsession this week is 'flowers'. Now I don't know about you but the provided image might be artistically brilliant (and oh boy, don't I wish i could paint like that?!), but my soul doesn't sing when I look at it. It's just too dark and gloomy for me. So I decided that this week I would collage my own version of the painting, using the original as inspiration. My 6" x 4" version, I hope you'll agree, is a rather happier picture. With sparkle!

6 comments:

Virginia said...

I agree the original is too dreary - flowers are supposed to lift your spirit but they didn't - however - yours absolutely do - your 6" x 4" version is fantastic and it's made me feel much more cheery!

Aussiekate said...

LOVE what you did with this, really thinking outside the square! kate xo

daisy said...

I love your take on this challenge & your collage is just perfection in a vase!

missy k said...

Jo

Gorgeous collage! Yours gets my vote.....

Karenx

Lorraine said...

love the bright look of these flowers

Chriss Rollins said...

Great take on this challenge so colourful

chriss x