Monday, 26 April 2010

Inchy by inch challenge 'N'





Phew, I struggled with 'N'. Don't really know why but the creative juices just did not flow. Anyway, in the end my 'N' inch for the inchybyinch challenge is Nasturtium. I was going to include something about the meaning of the flower name, but when I looked it up it meant 'contorted nose'. Not very lovely. The background is His Royal Highness Tim Holtz Distress Ink with gel pen dotty bits. The flower image and word(from seed packet) was from ebay ages ago (Rodney Gambrel), and the woman is from digitalcollagesheets.

11 comments:

bad penny said...

gorgeous even if the name isn't ! My grandmother always had a pot full of these lovely bright flowers. I used to like collecting the caterpillas on the leaves

Lesley said...

Fab inchie, strange meaning of the word though lol! I love nasturtiums xx

Virginia said...

This is gorgeous Jo - love the colours! It's beautiful thank you for sharing!

missy k said...

I love it! The colour combo is zingy! Fun effect with the gel pens too.

Karenx

Debby said...

Hi Jo, this is really beautiful.
debby

Heavens2Betsy said...

Lovely Nasturtium Inchy Jo - you'd never know she'd been a struggle to look at her! x

Fiona Whitehead said...

This is gorgeous - I love those vibrant colours and N was hard wasn't it!

daisy said...

Fabulous!

JaN's ArTy AtC JouRneY said...

Beautiful! - I'm still struggling here with my 'N' inchy!!

Jan x

Kimmie said...

I love the green and orange - and the dotty bits are fab! Great inchie!

Aino said...

This is gorgeous. Very beaufiful and colours are so cool.