Thursday, 22 April 2010

WHAT'S ROCKING MY WORLD THIS FRIDAY!

xxx

My back is soooooo much better; I'm doing my twice daily stretches, I've been kindly sent a Yogalates dvd by Penny (ok, so I haven't watched it yet but it is at least next to the tv) and I'm huntin' down some local Pilates classes.
x
I received my first Artist Trading Club swaps, yippeeee. Love 'em all! I'll show you later. Also in same post got 2 Zettiology ATC's from my mini-swap with Chris Rollins - cue Snoopy dance of joy. I'll show you them later too.
x
Daughter Hope informed me she wants some roller blades. "But where will you use them?" asked I. "In the spare room," she replies. The spare room is 6'x3' max. Not many 'grinding' opportunities in there!
x
My 'I LOVE YOU' bean (it grows with those words on it, how do they do that?!!) has now grown to the size of the one in Jack and the Beanstalk, except that it's on my kitchen window sill. So today I bought it an obelisk to grow up (sounds grander than it is). But it'll have to go outside.
Poor Bean :O(
x
Grant taking it personally when the birds poo on our front garden gate.
x
My fingers are permanently stained with distress inks but that's because I've nearly finished my 10, yes TEN, altered matchboxes for Bad Penny's swap. There's plenty of time to mess them up yet!
x
The sun is shining again, nuff said.
xxx

8 comments:

Virginia said...

Oh Jo - I love you're rocking your world friday post - mine's a cross one I really struggled with it - may I just say had a come and read your's first I might have managed a slightly less insane and slightly more focused one - but hey it's where I'm at I think I need some crafting therapy I really really do - but I'm off to work again this morning so it will have to wait till later!

Heavens2Betsy said...

What a sweety you are Jo! You make me smile on a regular basis. Hope the bean can cope with the transition, that Hope tries her blades ... on the outside, and that the birds are kind to Grant from now on. Your matchboxes will be wonderous. I have hundreds of how to books and dvds on my shelves ... I'm just hoping to absorb their contents through the process of osmosis! xx

missy k said...

Hi Jo

Glad to hear you are feeling so much better. Livi came with me to pilates again last night - which was lovely ... keep hunting down those classes! You will feel so much better after :)

I got super swaps today too - I love a good mail day! Posting them on blog later. Will be back to see yours!

Tell Grant they have to go somewhere! Better than on the washing!!! Its worth it isn't it just to hear them singing?

I can't imagine Hope blading....but I'd say go for it (not in the spare room though) - I loved skating when I was her age!!!! Elliott always found bladers to be a good bunch.... try the skate park!!! It was always the people 'hanging around' NOT skating that were a pain!!! Get pads and a helmet too!!!!

Your bean is going to LOVE it outside (once it recovers from the shock :)

Looking forward to seeing your matchboxes....

ps another thing to make you happy I am going to the post office this afternoon.....

Karenxxx

Birgit said...

Hi Jo,

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog -- I always enjoy getting feedback. :)

Currently, I have a little giveaway on my blog which is open until April 24.

Greetings from Munich,
Birgit

bad penny said...

OOPs ! sorry about your stained fingers Jo !
Thank you for your very sweet message - funeral was lovely.

Dawn said...

I got my fairy ATCs today I must go to the blogs and thank them all. I look fwd to seeing yr mach boxes sound like you had loads of fun making them. It's a pain having ink on your fingers in so many ways (but I kinda like it lol)

Love Dawn xx

Dawn said...

Oh and get those ornate plates used you have fabby work to put them on I am sure of that!(did it so can you lol)

Love Dawn xx

Kristin said...

Sorry to hear your not feeling your best,hope the sore back is short lived. When do we get to see the altered matchboxes? They sound interesting! I adore the ATC's above! We are having a Steampunk ATC swap at The Scrappy Tree
(http://thescrappytree.blogspot.com/)

Come visit if you get a chance.

Feel better! K