Wednesday, 21 April 2010

Why can't I say NO?

My house is stuffed, literally STUFFED, with junk. These 3 innocent looking lovelies are an example of the problem. My dear friend Louise from the charity shop knows I'm a sucker for the great unloved and holds unsaleable things over the bin when she knows I'm looking. I CAN'T BEAR IT, they're so sweet and all they need is a little bit of love so, home they come. A quick whizz in the washing machine, a little cuddle, and hey presto! they're a member of the family. But we only have so much room and I must stop bringing home waifs and strays. HELP!!!
Ok, I've got that out of my system now. I can breathe again.
Let me introduce you to Peanut (a strange knitted thing, a child's project I would imagine), No-Nose and Small (another knitted project, though rather more accomplished). I love them all :O)

10 comments:

Pixie said...

if you're not careful, your friends are gonna have a new playmate...a rather large and scary troll! How about a strange stuffed squirrel?

Heavens2Betsy said...

Oh dear, you are like the children's hospital! I'm like this with human waifs and strays.... not sure what is worse?! x

missy k said...

ahh..... but they look so happy and content now. Do you remember 'Harry' - Elliott has had him nearly 19 years! He now lives in the top of Elliott's wardrobe and I am dreading the day when he wants to sort it out! I guess then he will come to live in my wardrobe! He is a huge purple hippo!!!!!

Karenx

Virginia said...

Ah bless - we have two charity shops at work LOL - you'd be no good working for our organisations your house would be full to bursting, but just look how loved they look now!

Cathy said...

Hi Jo, thanks for visiting my blog for the book giveaway. I had to laugh at your little friends. I agree with you they are sooo cute. I don't think I could bear to throw them out either, but unless you live in a mansion...? I am like that with books from charity shops. So many books, so little house...lol.

Dawn said...

I love them but they take up lots of room and I supose they are not fit for a childrens hospital or anything like that? mmm I think your stuck with them Oh what about an animal shelter some time orphaned puppies kittens etc love to suggle with cuddley things I hope this helps lol

Oh and let me know when you have made something with the canvas with yr daughter I really had fun with mine

Love Dawn xx

KLove Dawn xx

cornishmist - thats me ju x said...

Hi jan, love mr peanut no wonder you had to bring him home, but I think you may have a problem here, theres probably a medical term for it lol, or maybe you need to see a pshciatrist lol, but where all mad is some way!!! Have a fun day ju x

JaN's ArTy AtC JouRneY said...

Awww, I'm a sucker for unloved teddies too!! If I worked in a charity shop I 'd end up bringing home all the unloved waifs and strays too!! much to my hubbies annoyance LOL
Mmmm not sure about Mr Peanut though!!! Sorry!! :)

Jan x

Pixie said...

aw, somebody has to love the orphans of the world! You and me, kid. We will take in all the strays and unwashed masses. My mom would be so proud!

Chriss Rollins said...

hello jo,

ah u softy,:) a great foster mum.

and hey love that chair...gorgeous.

and your sea postcard :)

hoe that you had a great weekend

chriss x