Saturday, 1 May 2010

Inchy by inch challenge 'O'

This week's inspiration letter at inchybyinch is 'O', so my offerings are 'orange', 'origami', and 'old'. I'm sure there must be an angel of oranges, but if not, then there should be. And despite many efforts as a child I never developed my origami skills beyond a simple paper hat (sadly my dinner parties have always lacked napkins folded in the shape of a swimming swan....). 'Old' of course, is such a serious inchy. I am always very aware that I have the freedom to live as I do thanks to the ultimate sacrifices of so many men and women. Whatever the politics of the situation, these sacrifices continue to be made today.
Ok, I'm off to see what everyone else has come up with, why don't you come and have a look too? (WARNING: you might be tempted to join in!!).

10 comments:

Heavens2Betsy said...

Lovely inchies, lovely words Jo. I agree with you about the Angel of Orange ... she is divine! x

missy k said...

Jo

You are on a roll here! Three!

Love them all especially the man with the origami hat! I had an origami book when I was little but I could never get to grips with it! Do you remember the tv programme where they made it look so simple?

Hope you've had a good weekend...

Love Karenx

Kimmie said...

I love these! the angel's orange halo .... the tiny little paper hat .... the always young men who defend our freedoms ..... great job with "o" !!!

Fiona Whitehead said...

What great O's for the inchy challenge - don't forget to go on the blog and leave a comment so that everyone can come and see your O's x

AngelaC said...

WOW these are great! Love the colours.

Kristin said...

Such cute inchies!! Great job!

Chriss Rollins said...

that slice of orange just looks so fresh and juicy not to mention pulls the whole thing together..I really like it

chriss x

Ellen said...

love that orange slice as the background, it's so vibrant and the origami hat looks great

Lesley said...

Fabulous inchies Jo, I love the way you got the hat on with the words in the right place! xx

Aino said...

Great ideas, what a piece of mini art. Well done.