Thursday, 13 May 2010

Lovely mail, The Queen, and their trash my treasure.

Yesterday brought some lovely post. My ebay 'win' of the Jan/Feb 2010 Somerset Studio, some arty bits and pieces I'd ordered, and these 2 wonderful ATC's. Penny and I decided to do an ATC swap and I chose the theme of 'home'. Penny's arrived yesterday - she kindly created 2 for me, while I only made 1 for her (she explained that her creative juices were flowing. I'm sure there's a cream you can get for that....). I love how Penny's are so different. You can't really see in the pic but the Alice background has been gel-penned, it's really pretty and adds another dimension. She's far more confident and adept at using stamps than I am, so I forced myself to use stamps this time (as I tend to be more collage-based). My background changed colours many times (acrylic paint) and having started off as blue it then eventually morphed into green. The roof of the birdhouse is paper napkin. The 68 is an old bingo piece. The wire is rusty, so I hope Penny's had a Tetanus injection recently!I don't expect many of you know that The Queen lives in Edenbridge, Kent. Queen Susie rarely allows her photograph to be taken, so when Hope managed to snap these this morning when Susie was in a post breakfast slurp we were very pleased. She resides on 2 very manky cushions and looks out on her subjects as they go about their daily business. What a wonderfully bizarre haul I had in the charity shop this morning! Luke was with me so there wasn't much time to mooch ("have you finished now, Mum?"), but in the under a tenner trolley dash I found a gorgeous wine bottle holder with cute white wooden heart, a delish danish metal heart tin, a very strange and so 'got-to'buy' pulley system with little baskets. German, I think. Goodness knows where I'm going to put it but it's wooden with lovely stringy pulleys. A brand new hippy collar, lovely colours and quilted with a heart shaped tag, for Rosie Mae. A ball of ribbony stuff, I think you use it in knitting but I'll be finding alternative uses, and, as a treat for Top Son, the dvd Austin Powers, the Spy Who Sha**ed me.

5 comments:

Lorraine said...

lucky you getting a stampington mag on ebay..love all their magazines...great haul at the charity shops..think I will visit my local ones tomorrow! thanks very much for all your comments on my blog. As for Scrollswork stamps she is based in the US but her shipping is really cheap and she posts real quickly..great bargain stamps too...tell her I sent you she is very friendly.

Dawn said...

Well I love the finds in the charity shop I send so much of my time in them lol (as you know I love my charity finds ;0) I think your ATC is fabbt I don't know about not being confidant with stamps this turned out wonderfully. Your pussy cas is the bees knees and your friends ATCs are super too what a lovely post thanx for sharing

Love Dawn xx

Heavens2Betsy said...

Hi Jo, thanks for your lovely comments petal! Your charity shop stash is sublime. I must go on a mad morning dash up to my locals now to see what I can rustle up - not that there is any room in my house left whatsoever and I'm supposed to be clearing out - fat chance! Queen Susie looks very regal as she reclines. x

Virginia said...

I love your charity shop buys - I'm avoiding them like the plague at the minute because I have three boxes full of 'alterable' items that I need to sort out! Hope you're having a fabulous day!

missy k said...

Random as Olivia would say! But fun! Love all the atcs..... Queen Susie is having a lovely stretch..... which reminds me..... did you start pilates?

Karenx