Thursday, 20 May 2010

Mum and daughter time

The weather was fairly vile on Sunday so Hope and I spent some time together with a couple of kits I'd bought from 3DJean (http://www.3djean.co.uk/). They were only £4 each and it meant we could work on a similar projects but create something totally different. We each had a mini canvas which we covered in Viva Croco Crackling Colour (and boy, does it crackle?!), and then shimmerz spray went over the top. To get the colour I wanted I finished mine off with some Glimmer Mist that I already had. The image in the middle is an inchy that we made. Everything you need, images, papers, crackle stuff, shimmerz spray, and embellishments is all provided, so I think they're pretty good value. Hope's darling Angel is the silvery canvas on the left, and my dreamy lady is on the right. This has kept us going over a few evenings as well, to allow for drying etc, and it's been lovely to spend this time with Hope just makin' stuff and talking.

7 comments:

Dawn said...

HI ya JO,

I made one of these a few weeks ago. YOURS are SO YUMMY arn't they fun? I love the crown you have on the bronze Very delish one and hope has done an amazing job on hers too!

Love Dawn xx

Heavens2Betsy said...

These look fantastic Jo! I love the crackly finish. A great Mother & Daughter Ensemble. Fat chance of Hannah ever crafting with me .... she once watched a rubber stamping dvd with me and still takes the mick out of me about it ten years later! happy times for you and Hope .... I'm envious! tee hee xxx

daisy said...

These are delightful. Thank you for the link, I'll make myself another coffee & go for a long browse :o)

Yvonne said...

Oh, these are gorgeous, Jo! I never have tried a kit, must put it on my 'to do' list:)

JaN's ArTy AtC JouRneY said...

Wow, These kits are great, You and Hope have done a fabby job!
Have ordered one ;) - thanks for the link!! :)
jan x

freebird said...

Fun, a neat craft and bonding time. Can it get any better than that? The pictures came out great. Boy that is the most crackle I've seen in one of these products yet!

missy k said...

Jo and Hope (!)

These are both wonderful..... that is some serious crackle! What great value too.....

Karenx