Friday, 7 May 2010

WHAT'S ROCKING MY WORLD THIS FRIDAY!

Good morning, everyone! That week flew by in the blink of an eye and there hasn't been much going on, but I'll cherry pick a few positives.
xxx
Firstly, at last the Election is done. I voted (not that it makes any difference in this true blue area, but it's important to me to register my opinion). Luke came with me so he could see democracy in action. I fear we'll have to go through it all again fairly soon, but for now we won't be talked at by people who have no idea how us little people live.
x
Great mail this week - blog candy all the way from Katie (Ragamuffin Gal) in the U S of A - see next post for pics. Lovely lovely hanger, gorgeous pictures and, well, 'stuff' - you know what I mean! It was a real treat to receive.
x
Rosie is fast asleep in her bed, growling and twitching - I guess she's chasing dream-bunnies again. Susie the cat is looking at her with absolute derision, as only a cat can.
x
Today is the last day of Hope's end of year exams, phew! That poor kid has been revising morning, noon and night. It must seem particularly cheesy when she sees me in the evenings, painting and snipping and glueing, singing along to my favourite cd (at the moment it's the free Phil Collins one given away with the Mail on Sunday a couple of weeks ago). She's looking forward to spending the day tomorrow with her friend Vicky. She deserves a lovely day.
x
Sea-bass for tea tonight! It was on special offer in Morrisons, yummy.
x
I allowed Grant to massage my back this week, having not allowed him any where near it in case he did more harm than good. Half way through he said, "Don't take this the wrong way, darling, but it's like massaging Jeff Goldblum when he's turning into The Fly." Those sure were tense muscles! He's such a romantic, my Grant!
x
A massive constant positive in my life is my family. Luke, Hope and Grant give me such support, tolerance and joy. Thanks guys, love ya!
xxx

2 comments:

Heavens2Betsy said...

Pleased to see you've been having a happy week with a little less 'ouch' in it! Hope the next one is as good petal x

Virginia said...

Lovely to read your post I've been at work today so ultra late posting mine today grrr!