Friday, 14 May 2010

WHAT'S ROCKING MY WORLD THIS FRIDAY!


Wow, another quick week! Here I go on my trawl of good things....
xxx
Lovely ATC's received this week (see previous post, 'Great mail, The Queen and their trash my treasure') from Penny. I'm so glad to have re-found her.
x

Lovey-Dovey has taken up residence under the carport. Her nest appears to be half a dozen twigs, hastily thrown down to form a platform. I now can't park the car under there (much to Grant's amusement, though I notice he didn't park under there either), because she gets a bit worried if we go any where near her. I can't imagine how she's going to keep her babies in that nest. Hope's gathering up teat pipettes and shoeboxes lined with towels in readiness. Great, sleepless nights again!
x

Rosie looks very beautiful in her new collar (see previous post!). I must take a pic later and I might put her as a permanent fixture on my side-bar. She does have a tendency to look really sad in photo's, so I'll have to try and get a pic without her knowing.

x

I'm so looking forward to my new online class starting on Sunday. It's a Vintage Gluebook class being run by Mary from Green Paper Packages. It's running over the next 3 weeks but you can join any time within that 3 weeks and still get all the classes (there'll be 3 a week). All the images are provided by Mary so all I've got to have is a gluestick, scissors and some paper.

x
It's my Mum's birthday tomorrow. She's having to deal with a lot of sadness at the moment because my Dad is so very unwell. Because of this it won't be a particularly happy day for her, but it's still her special day.
xxx

14 comments:

Pixie said...

I hope your mum has a good day, regardless of the sadness. Love the bird nest and the fact that you guys are being so careful. I would do the same!

Heavens2Betsy said...

Hi Jo, glad you having a happy week. I love that you can't use your car port because of the doves - I'd be just the same. Your class sounds interesting and I'm looking forward to hearing all about it. I'm going to check them out. I do hope your mum manages to enjoy her day even tho' it is difficult under such circumstances. Hope you do too! Have a nice weekend blossom x

Virginia said...

Oh I'm loving your rocking you world - I love the birdie - so cute! Going to have a nosey at your oline class - I love on line classes - much fun to be had by all - then back to my KP nut tins!

bad penny said...

lovey dovey is soooo gorgeous - can't wait to see her babies.

Been looking at your swap with Penny - great fun & thanks for your comment over at mine.
I tried to load up ALL the matchbox pics but pooter said "no" & I lost the whole post TWICE !!!! Overload !

Dawn said...

I do Hope your Dad feels better soon and Mum get to have a smile on her B'day I have a link for you for the stamps you asked about here I know you will find lots to buy here but go easy Stampinton & Co are expensive but just delishious Have a super week end thank you as always for stopping by and leaving a comment (I love them so much he he)

Love Dawn xx

missy k said...

Hi Jo

Lots to be glad about.

Hope your mum has a happy day - its not an easy situation but I am sure you and yours will make her day happier :)

Karenx

Chris said...

Well there's lots rockin' your week me lovely :D

I hope your Dad feels better soon and that your Mum enjoys her day.

The online class you're taking sounds fab... can't wait to see what you learn...hope you share with us.

Have a fab weekend Jo
hugs
Chris xx

Anne - Fiona and Twig said...

Hi Jo!

I'll certainly be keeping your sweet mum and dad in my prayers. :-)

Have a wonderful weekend!
Anne

Dawn said...

Hi ya hun just stopped by to answer your question. Glimmer Mists (GM) from tattered angels. It's totally my fault I usually put an Items used lits at the bottom and clear up any Abreviations I use so thank you for the reminder I have put it in now.

I warned you the stamps were a wee bit on the pricey side but they are beautiful and well worth getting (as they are so versitile) however I have also found some Prima birdy stamps that aren't as expn. HERE there is a couple on this page and they are really nice too!

Love Dawn xx

Chriss Rollins said...

Hi Jo SOOOO hapy that the bird has flown!!!!

chriss x

bad penny said...

the trouble is with the photo now - I see " The Face " all the time ! I'm not going to say anything about it to mum & see if she notices !

Holly Loves Art said...

You have a very fun blog! Glad I found you through Debby's blog. Have a great day!
Holly

Pixie said...

hey there. just got thru checking my blog. my matchbox is the blue/purple one with the beach scene inside.

Wasn't that swap fun?

freebird said...

That is some nest! My dove made a bit better one than that but we get extremely windy so I am still worried. Not that the birds haven't been taking care of themselves for over 10,000 years but still....