Sunday, 2 May 2010

'X' marks the spot!

The theme at Something Completely Different this week is 'X', so my entry is 'X marks the spot'. This saucy pirate lass is on a 6" x 4" postcard which has an acrylic background, stamped and embossed with an Olde Worlde map stamp and the edges messily embossed with gold. Both the pirate lass and the map images are from Flickr, and I heavily distressed the map. The wording is a rub-on. Jewels and treasure models own.
While I was making this Luke came to have a peek. When he asked what I was doing I explained that the theme was 'X' and asked him what he thought the X stood for. He took one look at the pirate girl and said 'X-rated', so thanks Luke, that tilted my thinking from 'stolen treasure' to 'stolen kisses'!

13 comments:

JaN's ArTy AtC JouRneY said...

Oh, Jo this is such a fun postcard!!
Fab background, image and jewels!!
love it!!
Jan x

Heavens2Betsy said...

Jo, she is so alluring - a real 'come hither' girl. I love her. Whats weird is that I was doing destination atcs today and was trying desperately to use X marks the spot myself! Mine was just a cross on a map (bad idea - didn't work. You're more of a minx than me .... sigh x

Sheila MJ said...

Nice take on X ! Love the image. Thanks for visiting my attempt and for your comments.

Yvonne said...

Love your take on the theme! Gorgeous!

Ragamuffin Gal said...

She is a doll ~ and such a unique take on the theme! I enjoyed your Collage Obsession entry below too! So inspiring!

Carol said...

wow what a fun piece - its lovely!

Thank you for joining us this week.

missy k said...

Cheeky!

Karenx

Dawn said...

is is perfect! I love this so much what a super PC and fits so perfectly with the challenge I haven't done any for ages (well it feels like ages) so I must have a go yours is FAB!

love Dawn xx

Ang said...

Love this, made me laugh out loud. Thanks for joining us this week over at SCD

Laura said...

Saucy and fun. Great image. Thanx for joining us at SCD this week.

Kristin said...

I've been wanting to try these, thanks for the inspiration! I am amazed at all the detail you put into this, perfect!

Lorraine said...

she is very x-rated..like the 1950s pinups on the planes..great card

Chriss Rollins said...

Perfect and soooo soooo clever, i thought about X marks the spot but you did it better than i could have

chriss x