Friday, 18 June 2010

Swap 'til You Drop ATC monthly challenge.

The theme this month at The Artist Trading Club, Swap 'til You Drop, is to make a pocket ATC following the instructions given and make sweet little paper dresses to fit inside. I used music score as my paper for the pocket ATC's and from this chose the overall theme of 'A Night at the Opera,' with dresses to match the occasion.
The Fairy Queen


La Boheme (that jolly tale of the Paris seamstress with consumption who falls in love then dies).


Aida

The Pirates of Penzance (a Gilbert and Sullivan Operetta)


Madame Butterfly


The Mikado (another Gilbert and Sullivan Operetta)
I enjoyed making these, it brought back happy memories of making paper clothes for my dollies and teddies (when I was a little girl, I hasten to add!).

14 comments:

Lynn Stevens said...

How creative!!! to make Opera dresses and music envelopes! Standing ovation! clap clap clap!!!

Dawn said...

Loving the opera theme! all gorge of course mmm a fave? no I can't pick one all equally delish

Love Dawn xx

daisy said...

So clever Jo - I luv them all. Beautifully made too.

daisy xx

missy k said...

I like how they are all one theme - but have different operas/operetas for themselves. Inspired! My favourite (I know I shouldn't have one!) is Madame Butterfly. Lovely.

Karenx

SusieJ said...

All beautiful Jo - and at least you chose some cheerful ones to go with La Boheme!
Sue xx

Dogwood said...

Very sweet. Love the corner pocket. Very creative. I love all the different themed dressed.

Dogwood

Chriss Rollins said...

Have had a fab catch up your blog has really taken off love coming over when i GET THE CHANCE HAVE MISSED YOU.

THERE IS A LITTLE SOMETHING ON THE PAPERGIRLS FOR YOU.

CHRISS X

bad penny said...

I loved looing at these - so pretty

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Jo,
love your inchies - beautiful!
Thanks for posting my giveaway.
Good Luck to you!
Have a wonderful day.
Hugs,
Marie

JaN's ArTy AtC JouRneY said...

Wow Jo, Loving your opera theme!!
Your dresses are brilliant and love the musical atc envelopes!

Jan x

JAN said...

wow wonderful dresses these are so stunning and beautiful..hugs janet

Chris said...

Jo these are absolutely stunning... what a clever idea to use an opera theme too... way to go missus!!

gotta get my finger out and get mine finished... always manage to be last lol

hugs
chris xx

Margaret said...

Totally inspired Jo!! I love your theme so much and what a wonderful result! I tried to pick a fav but I can't, I love them all! Margaret

Miss Iowa said...

Super cute! Love the idea and your dresses are adorable.

Ella Jane from the Vintage Gluebook Page class.