Friday, 11 June 2010

WHAT'S ROCKING MY WORLD THIS FRIDAY!

Not a very easy one for me this week because my Dad is very ill in hospital, but I realise that I still have a lot to be grateful for.....

***

The nest I spotted last week is actually a Wren's nest, and we were thrilled to watch her popping in and out of the nesting box.

*

Luke has finished sitting his AS levels, so I can now stop trying to get him to do some revision (which apparently can all be done on the morning of the exam.....).

*

The greenhouse has been cleared of all the rubbish and sorted out. I spent a happy couple of hours potting up and even looking a little green fingered.

*

We found lots of frogs in the garden (in and around the artificial water feature). Hope wanted to put them in Froggy Pond but I thought not, just in case the giant frog-eating Anaconda does live in there. There's probably a good reason those froggies don't want to go in there (even though we built it to frog expert standards, grrrrr!).

*
Check out my new 'What's Rocking....' button on my sidebar. Click on there and you go to Virginia at Celtic House, and links to other lovely bloggers and their 'happies'.
*

I received a lovely consolation prize in the post yesterday from Hope at Pixie's Ponderings - I failed to win her wonderful blog candy (despite threatening her with physical harm if I didn't get it. Note to self; try new tactic). But she sent me this gorg tag - get those retro colours! Thanks, Hope!
*
My darlings Luke, Hope and Grant continue to be my rocks during this very
difficult time with my Dad. Thank goodness for them.
***

14 comments:

Heavens2Betsy said...

Thank goodness indeed Jo! I really hope that things improve for you all. You have managed to be grateful tho' despite your tribulations. Watching the birds is an enormous pleasure of mine. We have a pair of swifts nesting under the eaves of my neighbours house and they come every year. My killer cats are a problem tho'. Your frogs are ignoring the home you made for them? I guess they know stuff we don't. Glad the revision tussle is over pet - never pleasant. Hop you have a better week Jo. Lots of love, Pen x

Virginia said...

Oh Jo - thinking of you and your loved ones at this moment and thinking of and sending my love for your Dad! I love that in amongst all your anxiety you have managed to find some beautiful things to be positive about - the birds in the garden are amazing at the moment and I'm loving all this surrounding us! Hope you have a good weekend, thinking about you

Virginia

PS Loving that tag!

Pixie said...

So sorry that your dad is so ill. Will keep you and yours in my thoughts.

Glad you liked the tag!

SusieJ said...

Great tag. Sending sparkles and hugs to you and your Dad.
Sue xx

bad penny said...

how special to have a wrens nest. A few years ago we had a goldfinches' but it didn't survive all the cats ( ours inc )

Yes I'm told that AS revision is all done in
" Study periods mum " funny how now they are study & not free periods as they were called when Jess started college ! She's away letting her hair don at the IOW festival.

Sorry about your dad

Carmen said...

Seems like homework as well can always be done while gobbling down breakfast in this house.

Thanks for coming to visit me at my little blog. Am definitely going to try and keep up the daily crafting. Haven't tried twinchies yet though. Though they do intrigue me.

Hope things look up for your Dad soon.

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Hi Jo

I'm really sorry to hear about your Dad being so ill. I just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you

Love
Carolyn

Clarky J said...

How lovely you have so much to be thankful for despite a difficult time with Your dad xx Huge hugs x

Fiona Whitehead said...

So sorry to hear about your dad - I know what that's like - big hugs x

Kimmie said...

I hope your Dad gets well soon ..... and I'm glad for you that you have "rocks" to help you through :)

Chris said...

I'm so sorry that you have the worry of your Dad being poorly hun... I hope things improve really soon. It's really difficult to get on with things when you are worrying about someone you love.
Thats a beautiful tag that you received... shame you didn't win outright but better luck next time eh.
Hope the sun is shining where you are.
hugs
Chris xx

Dawn said...

I like yr news of the week. Hope your dad is feeling better this week and I also have a son who thinks he can study the morning of the exam (not my baby) the next one up Shawn he is finishing college this yr too! Having fun in a green house and froggs every where yr gdn sound wonderful

Love Dawn xx

Kellys Art Journaling/ Sharing The Journey said...

I pray for your Dad's health. It is awesome that you can be greatful for the things in your life that are true blessings. Hugs to you from Canada.

daisy said...

Sending you love & big hugs ...

daisy xx