Friday, 18 June 2010

WHAT'S ROCKING MY WORLD THIS FRIDAY!

I've been mulling this over all day. My Dad is still in hospital and, sadly, will not improve. It's difficult to see him in so much pain and so as weeks go, mine ain't been rockin' that much. So my list of gratefulnesses (yes I know it's not a word) will be short and sweet.....
***
Firstly, my Dad. A quiet, private man, who adores his wife (married for 53 years), dog, home, Gilbert and Sullivan, collecting stamps, black and white movies, daft trivia, and DIY which is so solid and sturdy it'll still be around in the next century.
*
Grant. Who loves me with all my peculiararities, and supports me in everything.
*
Luke and Hope, chalk and cheese those two. They always make me laugh, and I'm (quietly) so proud of the young people they are growing into.
*
Rosie Mae and (Queen) Susie. They're stinky, naughty, and have some rather unpleasant habits. But I love 'em to bits and they so enrich my life with their antics.
*
My friends Lyndsey, Sarah and Alison at work. They've been a great collective 'ear' this week. They won't be reading this but I wanted to mention them with thanks.
*
Ken, my oven cleaner from Ovenu, who visited this week. He comes every 6 months and returns my oven to it's squeaky clean shiny self. Ken is my one indulgence (or the only one I'm admitting to here).
***
So guys and gals, that's about it for this week. Click on the 'rocking' button (top right on side bar) to find out what the other Rockettes have to say! Have a peaceful weekend.

6 comments:

SusieJ said...

Jo, I'm so sorry to read about your Dad - hugs for you and sparkles for him.
Your "gratefulnesses" are beautiful.
Sue xx

Pixie said...

My heart breaks for you in the situation with your dad. Hasn't been so very long ago for me that I was in the same situation with several members of my family. I am happy tho that you can find some happiness in all of this and have friends and family to lean on.

missy k said...

Dear Jo

Sorry to hear your dad is still in hospital.

Sending you lots of love

Karenx

Virginia said...

Oh Jo - I'm so sorry to hear that your Dad is still in hospital at the moment, things must be really tough and I'm sending you ((((((((BIG HUGS)))))) to let you know I'm thinking about you and your family!

Your Rocking Your World this week is all the more precious because you still managed to make a list of all the things you are grateful for (I secretly loved the oven cleaning one!)

Hope you're having a good weekend

Hugs

bad penny said...

thnking of you

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Jo,
seems like I'm always late these days - I'm so sorry that your Dad is still in the Hospital.
Sending good thoughts and prayyers your way.
many hugs,
Marie