Wednesday, 18 August 2010

Collage Coterie Lesson 1

Hoorah! The new online class run by Mary (Green Paper) has started, and it's called Collage Coterie. It's lovely to see so many of the names that took part in the last class (Your Vintage Gluebook), and great that there are some new people too.
Lesson 1 is all about thinking about size (which we all know IS important, eh girls?!). Her first challenge was to make an ATC using a blended paper background (explained in the lesson) and with the prompt of 'Small Packages'. I thought of the old saying that good things come in small packages, as in nature - birds, butterflies etc. They make me think of innocence,
beauty and perfection. So these ATC's are with that in mind.
I'm really looking forward to Lesson 2 tomorrow (Thursday).

10 comments:

missy k said...

Jo... these are gorgeous and fun!

I am especially fond of 'our Bessie!'

I loved this background technique.... excited about tomorrows lesson!

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Jo,
absolutely beautiful.Love them.Have a wonderful day.
Hugs,
Marie

JaN's ArTy AtC JouRneY said...

Oh, these are fab Jo, adore the first atc! The online class sounds like a lot of fun!

Jan x

Lenna Young Andrews said...

I love how you approached this exercise, Jo. Thanks too for all your comments -very uplifting for me! So glad we are both taking this class with mary. : ^ )))

Dogwood said...

I love those pieces of art. I saw some sweet white dogwood flowers! Enjoy you day of creating. Cory/Dogwood

Jewels said...

Liken your work Jo - well done. Jewels

Miss Iowa said...

Great cards! I love the hand-drawn black lines around the borders. Can't have anything too structured or serious for these ATCs. :) TFS.

bad penny said...

these are grea fun Jo - enjoy your class !

Relyn said...

You do beautiful work. I love the way you pursue your passions. Have I told you that already?

Xela said...

Fantastic ATCs! Have a nice week. Greetings Alexandra