Saturday, 21 August 2010

Collage Coterie - Lesson 2

(I'm Just a Day Dreamer)


Continuing with the course, Collage Coterie, in Lesson 2 we have been working on colour and contrast, and developing techniques with chalk and charcoal. Our 'homework' was to produce an ATC (using the same blended paper background learnt in the last lesson), and practicing using the chalks and charcoal. The charcoal was used to outline the main image to give it a shadow effect.
I got a bit carried away with my ATC and made 6 - oops, maths never was my strong point!

(Sleeping Beauty)



(Anne)



(The Choirboys)



(Rosalie's Inclination)


(Pussy Cat, Pussy Cat)

10 comments:

Dogwood said...

Very, very nice. I love them all but especially like the last one with the kitty cat.

joy said...

Love them all, Jo! You have done such a great job with these. Thanks for your comment on my blog, too.

sugar Creek said...

They are all just beautiful!

Pixie said...

very nice!

missy k said...

These are all gorgeous! You have really got the hang of the charcoal.... I need more practice!

My favourite is the top one.....

ps I love the green paper you have used in each... new or old?

Have a super Sunday!

Love Karenx

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

just beautiful, JO! My fav. is the day dreamer.
Have a great Sunday.
Hugs,
Marie

SusieJ said...

Love them all! Fabulous images and techniques.
Sue xx
p.s. Sleeping Beauty is my favourite.

Kymberly said...

Hello Jo,
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment while I was on blog break! Your thoughtfulness and kind words meant a lot while I was away!

I just had to visit to let you know that I am posting again! So come and visit and look over my images --you are free to use any of them in your collage art!
Which--by the way-- is absolutely perfect!!
I love your style! Keep up the creativity--you really have an eye for putting together the exact images to create such wonderful pieces of art! Have a great week!

Thanks, Kym

Anne - Fiona and Twig said...

Oh my, these are just gorgeous!

Have a wonderful week!
Hugs,
Anne

daisy said...

Wow ... you have had a very creative month or so since I last visited. I love all your collage work, but these are my favourites. I love the shadowing around the images, as it gives your work so much depth. Fab!