Thursday, 26 August 2010

Collage Coterie - Lesson 4


Part of today's lesson is to make a handmade book using vintage book covers, and inserting watercolour paper ready for artwork. I've had a book for a couple of years that I haven't known what to do with. It was very tatty but I loved the front cover. A-ha! thinks I. Reading lesson 4 I knew exactly which book to use for this project. The inside covers were very manky (1970's scribble) so I gave both front and back inside covers endpapers. Once I've completed some artwork on the pages inside I'll decorate the rings a bit with ribbons, charms etc. The book is a bit bigger than I've been working with - 18cm x 24cm - but that'll be nice for a change. I think I'll do this week's homework on a page from this book...........

It's not too late to join in with the Collage Coterie online class - we're always really pleased to welcome new people to the party. The class is great value and FUN!

4 comments:

SusieJ said...

Ooh! I love that cover Jo - really takes me back!
I shall look into taking the class - I love the work you've been showcasing.
Hugs,
Sue xx

Anneke said...

such a beautiful cover with a great vintage look

Xela said...

Fantastic cover!

Nathalie Thompson said...

This class looks like a good one. I still haven't had time to do Carole's and I am registered for it! Today might be a good day to start it....