Tuesday, 24 August 2010

September Morn


(September Morn)

Another attempt at the 'shapes in composition' lesson for the Collage Coterie class. Although I tried very hard I've ended up with circles and rectangles again, doh!

Starting off with the mini postcard of the church, I then found the image of the little girl and her grandfather - perfect because he reminded me of a vicar. Picking out the red from the roof of the church, I added the postage stamps (I was particularly pleased with the bottom one of the round church window), the circle for the people to sit in and the scrap of red beneath the old 'Settembre' word.

I feel this is missing something but haven't been able to add anything without making it look crowded and jumbled. I might return to it another day with fresh eyes.

3 comments:

SusieJ said...

Love it the way it is Jo - great images and effect.
Sue xx
p.s. I can't get away from circles & rectangles either - shape challenges are lost on me!

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Jo,
love your spread - don't add anything. I think it's just perfect!
Hugs,
Marie

missy k said...

Hi Jo

I missed this somehow!

Great page.... focusing on the shapes is hard!

Karenx