Friday, 10 September 2010

Beauty and The Beast

This is page 2 of my Collage Coterie altered book, and I've unofficially named it 'Beauty and The Beast' (unofficially because I feel a bit mean calling the Edwardian field labourer 'The Beast').

The background on the left hand side is an old envelope and on the right hand side, an encyclopedia page about water fowl. The image of Beauty is from an old movie magazine and poor ol' Beast is from an old book. For some strange reason the strip on the right hand side looks green when in fact it is blue.

12 comments:

missy k said...

Great pages Jo.. They are perfectly balanced, love the colours and especially the ducks!!!

Karenx

SusieJ said...

Love it Jo! I'm so looking forward to actually getting to grips with this course - soon I hope.
Hugs,
Sue xx

joy said...

Well, I agree, he does look a bit beastly, poor soul! But, your pages are done so nicely - seems all I do is look at everyone else's work and can't find time to do any of my own. Love your stuff, Jo!

bad penny said...

Great fun ! I wonder who the chap was - he looks like he's getting ready for acion !

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Jo,
love your pages - great job!
Have a wonderful weeekend.
Hugs,
Marie

Debby said...

WOW!!! Amazing pages, love them.
Debby

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Your pages are brilliant Jo.
I adore altered books!
Forget-me-nots are one of my favorite flowers!
oxo

Dogwood said...

darling. i love what you have used to create this interesting page. very imaginitive. enjoy your weekend.

Xela said...

Fantastic pages Jo!

Jewels said...

This is hilarious! I laughed as soon as I saw it! What a great combination of images. Jewels

Lorraine said...

he looks like the baddie in the old silent films I used to love watching..charlie chaplin, buster keaton etc..great page

Nathalie Thompson said...

I love the contrast of images too! Let's hear it for not so attractive photos and USING them!