Thursday, 2 September 2010

Green Paper September Challenge - Lillian Russell

It's the beginning of the month so it's challenge time from Mary at Green Paper! Mary provided an image of Lillian Russell, the singer and actress, a large hallway and some flowers - at least part of each picture has to be used in some way in whatever is created.

With my ATC I made a packing tape transfer with some music score and used the other images supplied, chalking both Lillian and her dress to add some subtle colour. I thought she might like to have a little dance with a garland of flowers!

Why don't you pop over to Green Paper, have a look and have a go?!

12 comments:

SusieJ said...

I love this! WTG Jo! Why didn't I realise there was a challenge?
Sue xx

Mary said...

Beautiful! I love how you used the roses!

Lenna Young Andrews said...

you've done a wonderful job, jo! I really like how you have put this together. excellent! lenna

Linda Robinson said...

WOW, this is beautiful ATC..

bad penny said...

Gorgeous ...packing tape transfer ? is that literally an image lifted with sticky tape ?

I'll repost about the swap in a week or so - otherwise looks like it's just three of us !
popping over to see the challenge - thanks for your comment about the dress - I really sruggled with this one but ended up pleased.xx

Jo said...

Ahhhh Penny, you'll have to do the Collage Coterie course to find out about packing tape transfers......! Go on, you'd enjoy it, xx

Kimberly at ArtJoyStuff said...

Hi Jo,
Wonderful ATC, I love the etherial quality of the packing tape transfer.
enJOY a beautiful weekend,
Kimberly

bockel24 said...

lovely - great contrast and frame!

sugar Creek said...

I love the transfer and her garland! Very beautiful work! Thank you for your comment on mine as well. It just made my day!

Xela said...

Fantastic work. I love your collage! Have a nice weekend. l.G. Alexandra

Feathers and Flight said...

I really Love Your Background! She is Wonderful!
Have a Nice Evening!
Jill

peggy gatto said...

your colors and contrast are just pert, a very nice collage!