Saturday, 25 September 2010

'So Be Mine' - Collage Coterie, Lesson 8


Lesson 8 of Collage Coterie is about creating a 3D book cover collage.  Mary gave a prompt word of 'mine' - so, here is mine.
The quote "So be mine, as I yours for ever" is from a poem by Robert Graves (Pygmalion to Galatea).  

The base of the collage is the back half of an old book cover.  All the metal pieces have ben dulled with alcohol inks (they were shiny and new, ugh!).  Attached to the dress ring at the top is a silver coloured heart charm.

I shall really miss the Collage Coterie course and the other girls I met in the classroom.  I hope Mary runs another course, I'll be first in the queue!

8 comments:

Xela said...

Fantastic vintage collage Jo! Have a nice weekend. Alexandra

SusieJ said...

Beautiful collage Jo.
The course is on hold for me at the moment.:(
Sue xx

Dogwood said...

I really really like the looks of this one. The vintage look is perfect for the photo.

bad penny said...

Jo... we seem to have opened a can of worms ... Joe said he has seen " a bit " of the Human Centipeed on the internet and...." it's disgusting ..." - How much did he see ? !

Great art work by the way !!!

Nathalie Thompson said...

Swoon! He is a dreamy looking gentleman!

I'm glad you have alcohol inks-- you might want to dull down some of the shinier suspender clips I am sending you. :)

missy k said...

Jo, what a great piece....I love all the elements and the muted colours.

Karen

daisy said...

Wow!

JaN's ArTy AtC JouRneY said...

Oh Jo!!
I really love this vintage style piece!!
Love the way you have aged the metal embellies!!
Stunning work!
Jan x