Sunday, 31 October 2010

BOO!

When I sent my 12x3 French Hens off to Penny (see previous post) I included a larger altered matchbox that I'd made for her as a hostess gift.
I wrapped the outside with some grey printed paper, over which I wrapped spooky grey and black crypt cloth.  This was roughly stitched and then labelled with 'happy halloween'.  Black sparkle stones were added randomly for a bit of witch-bling.


I lined the inside of the box with more grey printed paper, some black ribbon on the sides.  I cut out a cabinet card image (from The Graphics Fairy) of an already spooky looking Victorian lady, and stuck her in the box, added some purple hair, a hat and googly eyes.   With the 'Boo!' stuck in, black sparkle stars adhered and a button handle added onto the tray, it was finished in time for Halloween, just.

6 comments:

A Bun Can Dance said...

Hey Jo, that's brilliant ! I love the googly eyes on the witch !!
Have a happy Halloween :-)
Denise x

daisy said...

Hysterical!

Luv it all including the font you've used.

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Spooktacular!!Love it.
Have a great Halloween.
Hugs,
Marie

she dreams big! said...

This matchbox is just too, too cute! I think my eyes will look just like that tonight after my chocolate overload!

Happy Halloween!

bad penny said...

BOO !!
Can't wait to get the parcel -thanks Jo. We have a real prob with our postie, but I was away too, so post held up- but not to worry !
Happy Halloween xx

missy k said...

What great fun!!!

Love the roving eyes!!!

Karenx