Saturday, 2 October 2010

Free online course


willowing.ning.com

This looks great fun! 
It's a 4 week free online course - yes, I did say FREE - covering Art Journal techniques (background layering and basics on how to create a front facing portrait), an Altered Book Project (more techniques with background layering, acrylics transfer, altering photographs, and basics on how to create a whimsy creature), creating an Empathy Monster (looking at the basics of making a puppet) and Painting a Needs Angel (on wood or paper, tips on portrait shading, more background techniques and a look at how to do a stylised clothed body).

Click on the button and have a look.  All you have to do is join the ning group (what on earth is a ning group, sounds a bit Monty Python!), which is just filling in very basic details (not  your bank details!), and you're ready.  It starts later in the month but the suggested materials list is available now (I would imagine you've already got most of it in your stash).
See you in class.......?


9 comments:

Dogwood said...

looks like fun. i may be a little too busy right now for a class. have fun!

bad penny said...

I'll have a look see thanks. Can we be the naughty girls at the back of class ?

Jo said...

Ooh yes, we'll pass notes!

x

Lorraine said...

thanks for the link to this course..it sounds fab so I have joined too..now to blog about it....

forgot to say that I love all the vintage supplies you got..la mode looks great and thanks for visiting my blog today

JaN's ArTy AtC JouRneY said...

Thanx for the link Jo :)
Looks interesting!
Have just joined ;)

Jan x

SusieJ said...

I've joined too and baggsy last seat at back of class for giggles etc.
Sue xx

Kristin said...

Hi Jo!
The class looks fun! I'll have to check it out. I took the P&P test and got Elizabeth too :) Now if Darcy just came with that title ;) Thanks for stopping by my blog, it is greatly appreciated. I always look forward to hearing your news. You have been one busy gal this summer, I am going to have to catch up on all of your projects. Hope to chat more soon!

Kristin

Distance learning said...

Great post! Looks like fun and interesting. Thanks for sharing.

missy k said...

Hi Jo

I think I may drown if I sign up for anything else at the moment! But I am looking forward to seeing what you do here!!!!

Karenx