Sunday, 10 October 2010

La Mode, Joyous Bird and beautiful butterfly

In a previous post I mentioned Penny sending me a wonderful vintage copy of La Mode as a swap for a piece of my artwork inspired by the paper.  I know she's received my 6"x 4" postcard so I can now show it to you.  I used a lot of the other papers she kindly sent me, you can just about make them out in the background (which has been gesso'd).
In the style of OK! magazine

I also made her an ATC/RAK, with the subject being a chicken because she has some of her own (with fantastic characters!).

Thank you so much, Penny, I have great plans for the rest of La Mode and all the other paper etc. x


And I've just taken a photo of this beautiful butterfly, which chose to feed on a plant (Hebe?) in my garden for about 5 minutes. Lovely.

Have a lovely Sunday.

11 comments:

Pixie said...

Those are lovely. I received your postcard yesterday and just love it! It is tucked safely away in my collection now...

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Beautiful artwork Jo! Have a lovely Sunday too.
Hugs,
Marie

Lenna Young Andrews said...

just lovely, your artwork and the butterfly! And congratulations on winning Mary's Green paper challenge! What a yummy prize you won. I am sure you will put it to good use and I look forward to seeing what you do, Jo. xo lenna

Effy said...

Beautiful! I adore the chicken! So homey and sweet!

Virginia said...

Absolutely gorgeous Jo - love how you've used the images! Also love your photo of said butterfly - gorgeous at this time of year!

joy said...

Your postcard and ATC are just gorgeous, Jo! And, the butterfly photo - such beautiful colors. Congrats on winning Mary's challenge prize - I know you will do something fabulous with the images from it!

she dreams big! said...

I see you won Mary's Green Paper challenge! Congrats! Well deserved, my friend, well deserved!

bad penny said...

I love the cards you made me. I keep looking at them ! Thank you Jo.
Yes that is a Hebe - mum's wonderful garden on Anglesey had it as a wind screen all around the boundary !

missy k said...

I love these two pieces Jo.... so full of wonderful details.

Love your photo of the butterfly.

This is such a wonderful time of year.... I sat in the deckchair yesterday and just watched everything buzzing around me while I sat still and silent.

Karenx

Sabrina said...

The Chicken card is DIVINE

Sandy Ang said...

Love the style of your collaged ATCs !