Friday, 8 October 2010

What's Rocking My World This Friday!


.....and in the blink of an eye it's Friday again!  That week seemed to go so quickly for me - did it for you, too?  It's going to be a beautiful day today, with a bit of late summer sun coming back and hanging around for the weekend.  I'll be out in the garden tidying up the garden and emptying and re-doing the pots, while Grant will be cutting the grass in his never-ever-to-be-seen-in-public gardening shorts.  

I've got some other reasons to be grateful too......

***


XFactor.

  I LOVE it.  In the style of whats-her-name in Larkrise to Candleford, "It's my one weakness."  We've had the auditions, boot camp, judges houses and we're now into the finals.  There's been so much hoo-ha about Katie and Gamu, and there's going to be a 'twist' - widely reported that each category will be given a wild card (that is,  someone previously kicked out will be invited back).  Me and my lunchtime buddy and work colleague Lyndsey have been discussing in great detail who we think should/would/will/won't/can/can't go through.  I know, I know, I need to get out more, but I LOVE IT!

*

My darling Grant.

  We had a power cut last night at bedtime.  Grant was determined to read his book so he dug out his head-lamp and read.  In the dark.  I went to sleep!

*

The saga of the small knitted toys.



First there was Shapeless Bear,  he was small and, well, shapeless.  And he was lonely, with no knitted friends that understood him....................










So he was overjoyed when I brought home Pierre ze Bear.  Together they had lots of jolly fun and played super games (usually in French, but Shapeless Bear got used to that).  

But then, I brought home......
















Miss *Hunny* Bunny.

She took one look at the two best friends and fell in love with Pierre ze Bear - his Continental style and accent are, after all, irresistible.  And he couldn't resist her huge ears.

Poor Shapeless Bear.  

On his own again.

I am on the lookout for a new friend for him.  Preferably as shapeless as he.  And maybe female.........

*

I'm really appreciating evenings in my conservatory studio.

I'm loving the time I'm getting to spend fiddling with a pair of scissors, a gluestick, gesso, inks and various images.  It clears my head of all the rubbish of the day.  Grant has now bought a pair of headphones so I don't have to listen to his football/boxing/John Wayne film on the tv.

I get in the 'zone', baby.

***

Well, a short list today.  A cherry-picking of goodies from my week.  

I hope you have a great week and can cherry-pick some goodies too.  How about you share them with the rest of us Rockers?  You can post them with Virginia, just click on the Rocking button on my sidebar.

xxx










11 comments:

Carmen said...

Ohhhhh poor shapeless bear!

I can't get into X-Factor this year, don't know what it is but it's just not grabbing me.

I love the piccie of hubby readiing in the dark - now that's dedication :P

Virginia said...

Ah the shapeless bear is gorgeous and feels no need to be shared with anyone else LOL! Loving your list this week - beautiful as always - it's definitely the little things that make the big difference!

X Factor is out for me also - can't stand Simon Cowell manipulating the charts again in the run up to Christmas - wonder if we'll manage what we managed last year tee hee!

Glad you're enjoying your crafting in the evening - I'm managing the same at the moment - it really does make like a joy doesn't it!

Hope you're having a great Friday

Hugs

Virginia

agypsyangel said...

Shapeless bear and friends, how sweet they are. I ran to craft room today whipped up a little inchie and totally forgot it had to be devotion oh me...maybe tomorrow :)
Hope you have a great weekend.
Kim :)

bad penny said...

Lovely post Jo - you & your knited friends & Grant & his head light made me laugh !

OMG the X Factor is stirring up trouble again ! We're hooked this season ! Joe just dies in Cheryl's eyes & Jess & I giggle at God Simon. Poor Gamu - why on earth did they let her audition without checking her visa etc ? Or will she be The Wild Card & get a work permit ?
Will be interesting tonight - hope your power is back.
We LOVED the powercuts in the 70s & played murder in the dark. We all had one of dad's military torches with a flash button. Mum & Dad would sit in the kitchen with candles or a gas lamp & listen to the battery powered radio.

Lenna Young Andrews said...

dear jo, i love these friday posts of yours. i also love your knitted bears and knitted bunny, shapeless or not! they are so cute and cuddly!! I am not sure, do you make these yourself or do you find them, and bring them home?
i enjoy visiting your blog. : ^ ) lenna

Jo said...

Dear Lenna, these dear little knitted wonders are thrust upon me by my friend Louise who is the manager of the charity shop I go to. It's either me or the bin (no one else wants to buy them) and I can't bear to see their little faces as they go in the bin. So home with Jo they go, quick sploosh in the washing machine and then into the small knitted toy basket (carefully placed so they can all breath and see the world around them).

They come and play at night, when we are all asleep. I'm sure they hide my car keys.........

Dawn said...

Another wonderful post I have some catching up to do. Time has taken over!

Love Dawn xx

Dogwood said...

the weeks do go by way too fast. but life is good so it is OK. love you little knit kids!

enjoy your weekend...

Kristin said...

Hi Jo!

Okay, first off, we share a birthday! John was shot on my birthday too :(

Love your story about "your Grant", sounds like "my Richard", very resourceful!

The minis are super cute and yes, you must get friends!

my week went by fast as well but that's because I started vacation! We are off to the California coast for an adventure and then off to the Grand Canyon and Lake Havasu.

Have a great weekend!

K

Relyn said...

It is just plain scary how quickly a week can pass, isn't it? Don't you love the way our blogs let us capture a little bit of time?

missy k said...

Glad you had a good week! I think your little knitted 'knits' look very happy together!

You (lovely) big softy!!!!

Karenx