Sunday, 24 October 2010

Willowing course - Art Journal (part 2)


I've finished my first pages for week one of the Willowing Art Heart and Healing course.  I really enjoyed the grungy effects I achieved with the layering of water soluble crayons (which I so lurve) and paints, with brayering, inking, stamping and then feverishly trying to wipe it all off again because it went wrong!  The 'symbolic me' was shockingly orange at one stage, but with a yellowy/orange background I didn't look quite so scary!
I decided these words summed up where my insecurities come from.
'Believe'  - I must believe in myself.

The colours of the pages in the top photograph are closer to the original.   Tam is such a generous instructor, I would really recommend this FREE 4 week course, and you can still join.  Just click on the  Art, Heart and Healing button on my sidebar.

It's Lesson 2 tomorrow.

14 comments:

Rosie said...

Wow, a great work, well done

Serenata said...

This looks lovely Jo. Something I would love to do...but not at the moment, too many commitments at the moment.

missy k said...

Great pages Jo.... and YES you do deserve to be loved.

Have a great week..... ps sounds like a great class, look forward to seeing what you do in the next part.

Karenx

joy said...

Your face forward is wonderfully done, Jo! I have done my spread, too; but feel it is very anateurish - I am really not an artist! I didn't post it, but have shown it to my journaling friend and she liked it. The lesson in itself was very helpful - with practice, maybe I can do better faces :)))

Relyn said...

What a wonderful page. I lurve it, too.

Joni James said...

Boy, do I need more of "self belief." We could all use more!
Thanks so much for your great compliment on my blog. I so appreciate feedback like that!!
Keep working, I can tell it's your passion.

Joni

bad penny said...

love it love it love it ...
fabulous work Jo & did I say ? I love it !

JaN's ArTy AtC JouRneY said...

Wow, Jo your portrait pages are absolutely fab-u-lous!! I love the colour scheme, beautiful stamps and the 'Believe' above the heart necklace is a beautiful touch :)
Thanks for sharing!
Jan x

Heavens2Betsy said...

Hi Jo, Love the feeling of open innocent delicacy that I get from your portrait pages. The swirl on the face is a beautiful addition. Sounds like quite some course. Best love, Pen x

Carin said...

Wow Jo, your page is stunning! Know where you come from with the colouring- I thought my portrait looked very pink at one stage and had to layer in quite a lot of yellow tones to even it out. Ones the background comes on though (love yours!), it all comes together.

A Bun Can Dance said...

Dear Jo,
Thank you for your lovely comment. I am so sorry for your loss, and can only imagine how terrible it must be to lose a parent. I'm sending you a big hug and thinking of you.
I'm fascinated by your course you're taking part in and will definitely go and find out more about it.
Take care,
Denise x

A Bun Can Dance said...

You can't beat a bit of ABBA can you?

Lenna Young Andrews said...

Jo, I am very impressed with your drawing skills, and paint & collage! wow. This looks great and the message is spot-on.

daisy said...

Beautiful work.

Thank you for inspiring me to have a go.

daisy xx