Friday, 19 November 2010

Inchybyinch challenge extra - Christmas Tags swap


Sorry, Bad Photo Day!
Fiona at inchybyinch is hosting a Christmas Tag swap, the only rule being that each tag has to have an inchy on it.   There are nine of us taking part.

The base is a basic white card tag onto which I adhered, using gel medium, gold and cream coloured paper napkin (sent by Penny in a swap stash gift), tearing the edges roughly.  I then put on another layer of gel medium to stabilize and strengthen.  This also gives a nice leather-like quality.  At the end of each tag I stuck ribbons, tapes and vintage style edging and then sewed on two vintage mother of pearl buttons.  The inchy itself is a chipboard base (so it stands slightly proud of the tag), covered in gold matt paper, onto which I stuck a simple image of Mary and Baby Jesus.  Each tag has a different image.  Using the computer, I typed out a suitable Christmas sentiment which was printed onto vintage paper and then stuck on the tag.  I used a circle punch and more matt gold paper to redefine the hole for the ribbon.

All the tags have to be with Fiona by December 1st, and I'm looking forward to getting back the set of nine tags made by all the participants.  I'll show them to you when I get them.

8 comments:

SusieJ said...

Ooh! Gorgeous tags Joanna. Thanks for explaining how you made them.
Love the images on the inchies.
Sue xx

Fiona Whitehead said...

Oh my what gorgeous tags Joanna - I can't wait to see them - my presents are going to look so lovely this year with all these lovely tags on - I'm not letting anyone else have them - how selfish of me! Not in the spirit of Christmas at all is it lol! Thanks for taking part x

daisy said...

They look gorgeous ... I think Fiona is going to find it hard to part with any of them.

Sheila MJ said...

Oh I do like these. I bet they're much better in real life too - looking forward to getting one as I'm in the tag swap too.

Sabrina said...

Beautiful as always. I love a good Madonna and Child, especially with GOLD!I wish I could see these in person. They look very tactile and yummy.

missy k said...

Gorgeous tags Joanna..... I LOVE the gold. Stunning!

Karenx

Kristin said...

These are absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing. btw, your blue items are on their way but it may take awhile :)

Have a great day!

Kxxx

Relyn said...

Here it is Thanksgiving Day and we are all piled up watching the parade. So, I have the perfect time to drop by and visit friends. I wanted to tell you that one the things I am thankful for today is blogging and the way it has made my world so much bigger. Thank you for the friendship, the wisdom, and the inspiration I have found here. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, my friend. Happy Thanksgiving!