Wednesday, 29 December 2010

Collage Coterie Altered Book pages

Well that's Christmas pretty much done and dusted and now we're hurtling towards 2011.  I hope you all enjoyed the festivities.  Ours was very relaxing and we made the most of spending the holiday time together as a family.  Grabbing a few minutes here and there between food, board games and films on tv I've completed a few more pages in my Collage Coterie altered book.
***

Oceanographie
Page 4, Oceanographie - the background on the left is actually nearer the blue of the pages on the right, but the scanner has read it as being green, strangely.  The lovely vintage sealife images are from Mary Green.  The wonderful octopus comes from an old children's book.
***

The Surprising Travels of A Young Wife
Page 5, The Surprising Travels of A Young Wife - the background postcard image is from Lenna Young Andrews, this image was part of the informative booklet  provided when I signed up for her new creative swap (vintage notecards, click here for information).  The image of the lady driver is from a fantastic book I found in a charity shop, I chalked some colour onto her outfit.  I made the title up out of a few chapter headings in another old book.
***
  
British Butterflies (Mrs George Wansbrough)
Page 6, British Butterflies (Mrs George Wansbrough) - Her face is from the same book as the lady driver, and I again chalked some subtle colour.  The calling card and answer ticket (?) were part of a random ebay purchase.  The butterfly page on the right is from an old book about butterflies.

***

I'm looking forward to Mary's new Collage Club starting in the new Year (click on the Collage Club button on the left hand sidebar  to find out more).  I'll be visiting your blogs over the next few days to see what you've been up to...........

XXX

11 comments:

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Jo,
love your altered book pages! I think my fav. is the Bitish Butterflies.You do such great work.
Looking forward to see more of your lovely work in 2011!
Have a great day.
Hugs,
Marie

SusieJ said...

I love them all Joanna! Well done. :)
Now Christmas is out of the way I'm hoping to get to grips with with the Collage Coterie course.
Hugs,
Sue xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Joanna! Beautiful collage work, what a sweet book, I think I like the butterfly page best of all!
Riley is still holding steady, he's taking the medicine and he's back to himself and we're so very glad to have him back!! Thanks again for the good thoughts!
Have a great New Year!

Katie said...

These are all such wonderful and pretty pages. You must have a stack of paper & stuff somewhere in the studio!

missy k said...

Great pages Jo....

Glad you had a lovely Christmas

Love Karenx

Ati. said...

All those pages are breathtaking again Jo !

bad penny said...

Jo you have some lovely images to work with and get lovely results. I can see what fun you've had here too !

Lenna Young Andrews said...

I always love your spreads Joanna. They are done just right! I love the vintage french dictionary fish background you used, it is one of my favorites from Mary. It looks perfect with that dashing man!

So glad you could use the postcard for this!! That is so nice for me to see. And the British Butterfly spread -yum! What a wonderful treat to see these pages today.
xo lenna

Ragamuffin Gal said...

Most Delightful Jo! You are very inspiring with your creations! Wishing you all the best in the New Year! Looking forward to another year of sharing together! Much Love and Many Blessings to you dear! ~ Katie

Linda said...

I love your altered book pages Joanna...you have the perfect touch when combining your vintage bits! I'd been saving this activity for a little stretch of quiet time but your book's inspired me to just get mine out and start!

~*~Patty S said...

I adore altered books!
What you have created here is amazing!
the closeups are super
WOW
you are a master of collage (which just happens to be one of my favorite things)
oxo