Friday, 31 December 2010

What's Rocking My World 2010


So here it is,  the end of 2010.  A funny old year in so many ways, with its fantastic highs and real rock bottom lows. But as we leave this year and approach 2011 I have so many reasons to be grateful for my 'lot' in life. 
***
My family - Grant, Luke and Hope.  They've all been such a support over the past year, holding my hand through some very dark times.  And some fun times.  We went up to London just before Christmas and we all enjoyed The Phantom of the Opera.


Well, when I say "all", I use that term loosely!  Luke, who had slurped very low in his seat in case anyone saw him, said it was 'boring'.  However, over the past few days he has tempered this to 'alright.'  Give it another few days and I'm hoping his memory of it will be 'good.'  And I'll leave it at that!
It was, of course, wonderful.  So dramatic, and the music was amazing.  And I love that bit when.............(you'll have to go and see it!)
Hope and I are booked up to go and see War Horse in February, which gets super reviews.  And we're also going to see the X Factor Finalists on Tour at Wembley Arena, wahoo!!    Hope's first pop concert and she gets to go with her old Mum! Not cool, I know, but we'll have a great time.
*
My friends - Lyndsey, Louise, Dawn, Sue, Karen (who is also SIL), Ewan, Jennifer, etc etc quietly being there for me, listening when I needed them to, offering wise advice and also making me laugh.  A lot!
*
My blogging friends - Penny, Lenna, Katie, Nathalie, Virginia, Susie, Pixie (Hope), Kristin, Jan, Serenata (Lorraine),  Cory, Carolyn, Margaret, Joy, KatieFiona, Carmen, Deirdre, Susan, Relyn, Anne, other Penny, Carin, Jewels etc etc etc.  I always love visiting your blogs and I get a real kick when you drop by mine and leave your lovely comments, which are supportive, funny and inspirational.  Since starting my blog in March I have met so many wonderful people, who are all, without exception, talented, funny, creative, clever, generous and interesting.  I love peeking into your worlds and warmly invite you to peek into mine.
*
Rosie, best dog in the world.
*
Susie, top cat.
*
Mobile phones - for quick, funny one-liners, keeping in touch, letting me know where people are (particularly in a supermarket!).
*
Online shopping.
*
Online classes.
*
Home.  Yes, it gets messy.  Yes, I have too much 'stuff'.  But, it's my home.
It also has a very strange whiff at the moment,.  We blamed the dog for a while, then Luke, but then realized that not even the 2 of them combined could produce that pong!  We can't work out what it is, so until we can find what's causing it I've bought every scented candle in the South-east of England, and it isn't so bad!
***
So, my dear friends, I would like to wish you all a very happy and healthy 2011.  I look forward to calling on you sometime soon.


Take care,


xxx

11 comments:

Irish3 said...

What a fanatstic wrap up post!!! It made me smile to see my name among your list of blog friends and I consider you a supportive and sweet blog friend as well, and the owner of one of the cutest dogs ever!! Give Rosie a pat for me! Looking forward to see what the new year brings for us and I look forward to seeing what your creative mind comes up with.
Happy New Year back at you !!!
Deirdre

Carin said...

What a great wrap up post, Jo! Loved it! Happy new year to you! Can't wait to see what the new year brings.

(Btw, I love the phantom too. Such a fabulous show!)

missy k said...

You've had some tough bits this year for sure... but you've come through and stronger for them I am sure. It makes the good bits stand out more though doesn't it?

I am so glad you joined blogland because I get to 'see' more of you.

I read this somewhere the other day and wrote it down in my journal - I think you will like it.

"Be content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realise there is nothing lacking the whole world belongs to you"

This is my thought to take into the new year

Hope 2011 brings you lots of love and happiness

Lots and lots of love

Karenx

Serenata said...

Oh I am so jealous that you've been to see Phantom. We nearly went for our Wedding Anniversary a couple of years ago but it never happened so I am still waiting! LOL at your 'whiff' we seem to have one of those at the moment and various members of the household have been blamed...i.e. dogs and boys - still to track down ours as well! Oh never mind, we'll leave it to the New Year! Hope 2011 is a good one and looking forward to meeting up with you again sometime!

Tracy said...

Ahhh, I love phantom of the Opera...the music is captivating!
Happy New Year to you and many blessings in 2011!

SusieJ said...

Happy New Year Joanna and your family too. I love your list (and thanks for including me xx).
Hoping that 2011 will be better for all of us I send you lots of (((hugs))) and ***sparkles***.
Sue xx

joy said...

Happy New Year to you and yours, Joanna! Was glad to hear that you received the card I sent - hope you will be able to use it in the future. I loved reading your list above - all of those things are truly what we should be thankful for all year round. I went to Toronto twice to see the Phantom - great memories of being there with my duaghters!! See you next year! (Will not be in the collage club for now; I am going to attempt to hold my "spending" in 2011. Gotta' make do with what I have (a lot) and go from there! xoxo

bad penny said...

Happy New Year Jo - looking forward to meeting up soon xxx

Virginia said...

Jo what an amazing list and a fabulous round up of 2010! The Phantom of the Opera sounds amazing, we love live theatre just amazing the atmosphere that you get with it!

Blogging friends are the best, so inspirational and motivating, I love seeing glimpses of others worlds too - so you're not alone on that one!

I hope 2011 is absolutely awesome for you

Hugs as always

Virginia

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Happy new year Joanna xx
Hope it brings you so many blessings

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

What a lovely post :)
Awww & Thank you for counting me in as one of your bloggy friends!:)
I'm so pleased to have met you in blogland!
Did you find out where the whiff was coming from? (Poor Rosie and Luke getting the blame for it!! LOL)
Wishing you a Happy and creative 2011!
Jan x