Monday, 20 December 2010

What's Rocking My World This Friday + 3!


I'm late, I'm late, really very jolly late, but my list of happies is here, and it's better late than never, I hope.

***

First happy - Penny from The Hen House and The Linen Shelf.  It was my birthday recently and as a lovely surprise she sent me this bundle of wonderful original vintage French bills and receipts and some superb vintage-look luggage labels.  This was such a lovely thought from a girl who has become a good friend.


*


Second happy - The Scrappy Tree.  These girls recently ran an awareness challenge concerning pneumonia (you might remember my ATC?).  Well, I luckily won the challenge and have now received the prize - a box full of super blue things - loads of scrummy paper, embellishments, flock, fibre and this wonderful bag, made by Kristin.  


*
Next happy - fun birthday cards!  I had some lovely birthday cards, but I want to show you the one made by Hope (14 year old DD).  


The background is many layers of acrylic paint so it has a wonderful texture and lots of shades of blue (this can't really be seen in the picture).  She's cut out a picture of a duck and then I love how she's given it googly eyes.   On the back she explains that he is the birthday duck.  Fun, huh?!

*

Next happy - Amazon.  The last of my Amazon parcels arrived this morning, so I'm just about as ready as I can be for Christmas Day.  The only problem is, with all this snow I doubt if we'll be seeing anyone until the New Year anyway, but it's nice to be ready for a change.

*

I'm really really really looking forward to our family trip on Thursday (weather permitting).  We're off up to London's West End to see The Phantom of the Opera.  The last time Grant and I saw it I was pregnant with Luke and he is now 16! 

*

 Last happy for this week, Matt won the X FACTOR, well done Matt!



Having voted for him throughout the whole process I feel a personal responsibility for his success, so well done me!  


***

Have a great week, and remember ~ DON'T PANIC!!!!

10 comments:

missy k said...

What lovely 'happies' Jo.

Hope you get to see the Phantom on Thursday.

We are still waiting for one delivery, but its for Barry and me so we can cope with the disappointment.... just :( Still I'm not panicking yet!

It has snowed all day here today.

Love Karenx

Lorraine said...

have a great christmas joanna..like your vintage labels and the ducky card is boss.

SusieJ said...

Loving your list Joanna - esp.those scrappy goodies and that fab b'day card - wtg Hope!
Hope you get up to London for the show.
DS made it home today from Bristol.:) Still have parcels outstanding and I'm hoping my food order arrives on Weds. otherwise it'll be beans on toast for Christmas lunch.
Have a very merry Christmas Joanna.
Hugs,
Sue xx

Jewels said...

Wow you had a most excellent week! Love the vintage stuff you got (and the blue prize). Have you heard - they are going to try the X Factor in the States (should be interesting - they never got Life on Mars right, my very favorite Brit show at the moment - they very frequently can't pull it off). Have a Holly Jolly Holiday Jo. Jewels

Dogwood said...

Great stuff. I love vintage. You are going to have lots of fun with your new goodies.

Enjoy and Happy Holiday.

trisha too said...

What a fun lot of lovely things (the duck is a hoot!)

I REALLY like shopping on-line, too--our last Amazon and Etsy packages arrived last week.

Have a wonderful time at the "Opera!"

Kristin said...

First off, well done you indeed, MATT is HOT! Reminds me of the lead singer of Mumford and Sons:) Gonna work my way backward...

I really hope you get to take your trip to see Phantom, what a nice treat, I love that show! Have you seen Wicked yet, also very good!
Totally jealous you are done and ready and didn't you get the same snow storm as the rest of the UK blocking flights and mail, well done you again!!

I'm glad you got your Blue surprises and bag, thanks again for playing along.

I am assuming your cold is nearing an end like mine, finally! Yucky luck for us, but you got a duck so that made up for it I'm sure. Your DD did a great job and what a great sense of humor :)

Lastly, thanks for the reminder not to panic! I will remind myself over and over again until I actually hear it :)

Have a wonderful week!

Kxx

bad penny said...

How did I miss this post ? Hope's card is brilliant - love it - I see a future Blogger / crafter ?

It's been brill getting to know you this year & meeting in person - first of many get togethers I'm sure. We will have to go & see Matt together & tell him about our huge phone bills !

Jess's pressie still expected - come on Mr Amazon you can do it !

Katie said...

hey, we're both winning prizes this month! weee!

Relyn said...

I know I'm not really getting my wishes in on time. The truth is, it's just after midnight, but I still had to come by and wish you the merriest Christmas season ever. I want to thank you for making my life richer by sharing your blog and by reading mine. You are a blessing to me. Merry, merry Christmas, my friend. May the coming week bring you laughter, joy, short returns lines, and lots of good deals at the after-Christmas sales. ;^) Much love, Relyn