Tuesday, 4 January 2011

Art Journal Friday


Over at The Scrappy Tree, Gayle's Art Journal Friday challenge was to write about what I'd like to leave behind from 2010, then cover it over and then think our  for 2011.  I covered over my 2010 rejects with paper patchwork and thinned down gesso, which I then tinted with watercolour crayon.  The girl's face is another symbolic me, as learnt from the Art, Heart and Healing course (something I definitely don't want to leave behind in 2010).  I think that my new 2011 wish-list is achievable, although I'm going to have to work hard to lose that stone in weight:0(

9 comments:

Lorraine said...

love your painting..I agree the art healing course was something good that I will remember from 2010 for a long time as it has completely changed the way I am working now

missy k said...

Great page Jo.

"A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step"...... and you've taken that one with this wonderful journal page.


Love Karenx

Katie said...

I love this journal page and the idea of it. As an American I always think the term "stone" for weight just makes it sound cute. Like, about 3 pounds! :0) Can't wait to see all the great new techniques you try, and things you create and post for 2011!

daisy said...

♥ Happy New Year Joanna ♥

Beautiful & inspiring journal page xx

Virginia said...

Ooh that page is simply gorgeous - need to revisit that course only watched the first video and never sat and played!

Hope you're having a great day!

Hugs

bad penny said...

I love how you work on your journals Jo & how much you get from them.
You don't need to loose weight !!! I'd lost 3/4 pound at today's weigh in ( last one three weeks ago) I got a virtual gold star !

Kristin said...

Hi Joanna!

I love the new Blog look! Great Art Journal Page, the colors and sketch are Fab!

Serenata said...

Wonderful Journal Jo. I am always so amazed by your artistic talents. I want to lose a stone as well!

Joni James said...

I love the face on this page.
Thank you for stopping by my blog and always saying the nicest things!!

Happy New Year! It looks like it's off to a great start for you.