Friday, 7 January 2011

Greenpaper January Challenge - When the Roses Bloomed

When the Roses Bloomed

Being the first week of the month it's time again for Mary's Monthly Challenge.  Using the images provided by Mary (click here to see what they were) I made mine into a 6" x 4" cover for future Greenpaper Monthly challenges - there's half a dozen blank pages in there to start me off and I'll see how full up it gets.  The title came from the chapter heading in an old edition of Heidi.  I collaged the little bird mini scene under the glass of a vintage opticians lens.  When the book is complete I'll swap the book rings for ribbons/braid.


It's really worth a visit to Greenpaper to see what everyone else made of the same images..........

12 comments:

joy said...

Your book cover is absolutely stunning, Jo! You have such a way with the details. I am going to try to join this challenge before time is up. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! Glad to be back in my studio.

sugar Creek said...

I love this! I wish I could find some of those lenses! I always look for them and still haven't found any! Thank you also for you comment on mine! Hope you have a great day!

SusieJ said...

This is truly beautiful Joanna.
Hugs,
Sue xx

Lenna Young Andrews said...

So Lovely, Joanna!! I really love how you made made this into a cover of a loose-ring notebook for future challenges. Fab idea.
Oh, and I must tell you you inspired me to change my blog design!! I loved your white background with the colorful edges. I hope you will be flattered, I did add my own border : ) Thank you for the inspiration!

daisy said...

Definitely another treasure!

Liesbeth Fidder said...

Wonderful, Joanna ! Love the edges you made !

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Just beautiful, Joanna!! Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs,
Marie

Lorraine said...

like this and your lovely vintage notecards..have a great weekend

Jewels said...

Heh Jo - glad you got your entry done in time - cool idea for "future" collage challenges! Especially like the effect with the bird.

Thanks for dropping by and leaving your comments with my pics. Yes they are all in a moleskin gluebook. I've got two going and I am DETERMINED to finish one off before I move on to my altered book! Cheers

missy k said...

Hi Jo

This is gorgeous, love all the details you have used. So sweet.

Karenx

Fabric Art said...

Your cover is so beautiful Joanna and what a wonderful idea to make a book.
Anni

Relyn said...

LOVE this one. LOVE it! It's exactly how I feel when Jeffrey and I kiss. Like the roses are starting to bloom.