Saturday, 15 January 2011

Pay it Forward




I saw this on Carmen's blog Whoopidooings, and she'd seen it on other blogs etc etc, and I thought it was a lovely idea........  being very lazy I lifted the following text from Carmen's blog.  

"I promise something handmade to the FIRST 5 people who leave a comment here. However, to be eligible, you must repost this status, offering something handmade to 5 other people. The rules are that it must be handmade (or homemade) by you and it must be sent to your 5 people some time in 2011. Ready, set, GO!"

So you know the kind of stuff I do, would you like something made by me (will I get as many as 5 people I'm wondering?!)?  I'll try and get them made in the next few weeks but I'm not promising.


Edit, Sunday morning 9.38am.  So far I've got 3 qualifying 'Pay it Forwards' people:-


Comment 1. Jan  3. SusieJ  5. Irish3


So there are still 2 more places left..........


New edit, at 3.30pm on Sunday there is now 1 place left as Penny is joining in the fun.  There might be 10 comments but only 4 people are up for Paying it Forwards!


Now Nathalie has signed up I've got my Pay It Forward 5!  I'd better get makin'.

13 comments:

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

Hi Jo,
Love your art, and would love something handmade by you!!
Wonder if I will be one of your first five to answer your post?
Jan x

Joni James said...

I love your work but don't want to repost this on my wall. It's a HUGE commitment isn't it?? I saw this on facebook too.

SusieJ said...

I'm doing this on facebook Joanna and am one short so would be honoured to do a swap with you (if you like?).
Have some ideas for what I'll make.
Hugs,
Sue xx

Dogwood said...

Great idea.
Facebook for me too.
I love all PLAY IT FORWARD things.
Enjoy everything...

Irish3 said...

Ohhh count me in!!! How exciting!!!

she dreams big! said...

Such a great idea but I'm kinda relieved I missed out on your first 5. Who would want something homemade from me? I just wanted to say 'great idea'!

Carmen said...

Yay - so glad you are playing along!

missy k said...

Great idea, though I'm commitment phobic at the moment - as soon as I have to do something I just kinda dry up!!!!

Hope you are having a good weekend.

Love Karenx

bad penny said...

Go on then Jo as it's you, I'll open the doors to the Linen Shelf & give it an air !

Tracy said...

I know I'm not one of the first five, but I love the idea of paying it forward and something I try to live by or at least instill in our family. It is such a vital concept to living in a world full of woes...thanks for the reminder!

Nathalie Thompson said...

I'll do it!!! I was just going through some supplies I had forgotten about and thought I either need to make something or sell it. I would rather "make" than find homes for it all. This is the perfect way to send out my art!

bad penny said...

well done Jo. I'm very sad that I've posted this & the only comments are from you & Jan & you are both playing already !
I look forward to receiving what you make but may take the post off my blog. It does mean five people committing to make five things to pay it forward & mabe that's to much to ask.


So if I don't get five players.... do you stll make me something ???!

Joanna said...

Penny, it will be my absolute pleasure to make you something! Really can't understand why you don't have more takers.

xx