Friday, 7 January 2011

What's Rocking My World This Friday!


Hi, it's the first official Rocking post of 2011 and I've got a little list to share with you today.  I'm NOT going to mention that the house still has the mystery smell from hell, NOR that the water is pouring in through the dining room window due to broken guttering (heavy snow), NOR that our rabbit is on anti biotics (sore nose).  No, I'm going to focus on the good things of the past week.........

***

Thank you to Hope for sorting out my new blog background - these computery things are not easy for me and she had to do quite a bit of twiddling to get it sorted.  But with it being a New Year I wanted a New Background, and what Mummy wants Mummy must get.

*

The Spring Cleaning has started already - I know it's quite early but I'm very slow, ok?  Yesterday's mission was the dining room.  Dusted, polished, every nook, cranny and crevice vacuumed, floor and surfaces cleared of clutter.  Well, apart from the clutter that I like.  Everyone else's junk is clutter.  Mine is treasure.  

*

It was good to see my friend and work colleague, Lyndsey, when we returned to work last week.   We always have a giggle.

*

'Larkrise to Candleford' is returning to BBC1 on Sunday evenings.  We love it and is perfect Sunday teatime viewing.  Grant is so like Robert Timmins with his expounding plank.  In fact, I missed a trick there - I should have got Grant his very own expounding plank for Christmas.  Next year, maybe.

*

I got my Creative Swaps Vintage Notecards in the post today.  Early.   Not needed until February.  Not rushed.  No stress.  Sorted.

***
Just a short list today.  Small but perfectly formed.  I'm going to post this with Virginia and then go and visit the other Rockers to see what they've got to be so cheerful about.  If you want to come along too click on the Rocking button on the right hand side sidebar, down a bit, keep going, yes there it is.  Go on, click!


16 comments:

SusieJ said...

Lovely list Joanna (apart from the bunny with a sore nose - aaah!).
What is an "expounding plank"?
I'll be doing my list tomorrow as I've just done an award post - you're one of the recipients.:)
Hugs,
Sue xx

Lenna Young Andrews said...

It is a great list, I love reading them . . . good job accentuating the positive!

Virginia said...

Loving your list hun, I'm with Susie what is an expounding plank?

Ooh your early on the spring cleaning but it's such a lovely thing to do isn't it - really sort and clean etc - love it!

Sorry about poorly rabbit, leaky window and mystery smell - hints to find said smell, close doors in house all over, identify room in which smell is strongest. Then keep working through that room, if you haven't got a good sense of smell get someone who has - smells drive me insane, I had a weird one in the car recently which seems to have disappeared - no idea what it was grrrrrr!

Hope you're having a great Friday

Hugs

Virginia

Joanna said...

An expounding plank - a plank of wood you stand on in order to make yourself visible to a crowd, from which you can then 'offer' your opinions, or 'expound.' Robert Timmins has many such opinions to offer, as does Grant!

joy said...

Love today's post, Jo! And I love the new look of your blog, too. Sorry about the smell and the bunny and the water leak. I always like to think that in another month the things I am worried about now will be resolved and I will have something else to worry about by then. Life has a way of working out, doesn't it??

Have a wonderful weekend!

arts4all said...

Love the term 'expounding plank' as an alternative to the more American
'soap box.' What a great title for a journal - I may steal it!

Many years ago, one of my aunts also had a 'mystery smell' that got so bad we had to sleep outside - fortunately, it was summer! She also had a lovely doxie named Dilys who was a hunter. Finally, one day when we absolutely turned the house upside down to locate the smell, we discovered a dead squirrel tucked under a sofa cushion! The look of guilt on Dilys' face told the story.

Sorry about the bunny's nose - aren't vets wonderful to be able to diagnose and treat so many different kinds of animals?

Serenata said...

Great post, well done you on your 'spring cleaning', what a good idea starting now. Of course your things are treasure!

I think I might call the new ted Bernard...watching Yes Prime Minister...I think he looks a bit like a Bernard. ;-)

Dawn said...

OOh lovely list to start the year. I to have started on the Spring cleaning(well I have the list done and hubby has a job each day) bless 'im

SO lookinf forward to Sunday evening's vewing love that place. Craking characters too!

Erm yep love to pop by and have a read and a nosey lol

Love Dawn xx

trisha too said...

I dunno, sounds like a pretty full list to me!!

You're right--some of my clutter IS just clutter--it's going in the "GET RID OF IT!" box!!!

:)

missy k said...

Hi Jo

I love to read your 'Rocking Posts'..... I am so glad you mentioned about Candleford - I didn't know it was starting again. Perfect Sunday viewing :)

Karenx

bad penny said...

Oh ! It's a soap box !!! There is a man in town who sands on a box and tells us all about Jesus !

Poor little bun with a sore nose - hope it is twitching soon.

The decs are in their box at last & I have surveyed the aftermath & will tackle it slowly.

Great list Jo - you sound very on top of things

Dogwood said...

Fun list of thing you have been up to and enjoying!

Wishing you a fabulous week.

Parsley said...

So glad you commented so I could drop in and visit. You seem to have a heart for animals too. Love your dog. Hope to see more in posts.

Carmen said...

Fabulous list :) I have many mystery smells both in the car and in the house.

Having a chuckle at the expounding plank - thought it was going to be something very rude :P

Relyn said...

Oh, I loved your sniff list. My favorite is the first sniff of the sea after I've been away for a year. There is nothing like it.

Fiona Whitehead said...

Happy New Year Joanne - love your positive list - makes me feel quite humble - x