Saturday, 12 February 2011

The Queen of Sweet Things

DS Luke's Sausage and Root Vegetable Hot Pot was a huge success, hurrah!  Very yummy, even tastier than I thought it would be (sausages aren't very high on my list of culinary delights) - I'll write out the recipe if anyone wants it.  Let me know in comments if you do.

***

DD Hope has now decided that she is going to be the Queen of Sweet Things, and so today embarked on Very Chunky Chocolate Brownies.  As she isn't a huge lover of nuts she swapped the walnuts for raisins.  Now the recipe she found (in a student cookery book I got for Luke, never opened) has so much chocolate, butter and sugar in it that if you are following a Weight Watchers plan it must add up to about 5 million points.  


here stands the Cook, wooden spoon in hand and strange expression on face



and now she's got the giggles



quick cuddle with the cook's faithful Assistant



mixin' mixin' mixin'........



more mixin' mixin' mixin'......



Cook's perks!



Cook's Assistant can't believe the perks aren't being shared.  



 oh yes, Hope, you know I said I wouldn't put this photo on my blog?  Well................;0)



Yum-scrum!

8 comments:

Virginia said...

I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo jealous - that looks divine but yes it probably is 3 million weight watcher points! I had a smoothy yesterday when I was out thinking it would be all healthy only to discover when I got home and worked it out it was 11 points! So can you imagine what that would be! Hope you enjoyed it!

Hugs

SusieJ said...

I'm jealous too - looks yummy!
Loving the cook's assistant!Give her a hug from Max.
And please can I have the sausage & root vegetable recipe. Always on the look out for new meals.
Hugs xx

Katie said...

I want to vacation at your house- you are always cooking up yummy stuff!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

HELLO!!! Brownies are my very favorites, except I like nuts in them--but no matter what, when they're baked with 'so much love' they're wonderful!! :-))


PS: THANKS again for your kind comments on my blog!

Susan T said...

You have one gorgeous daughter there, not only is she beautiful she cooks!! What's not to like. I also love her assistant, I would like a sous chef that looked just the same. Husband won't let me have another doggy - blog coming to explain that.

Your kitchen looks loverly, as do the brownies - recipe please for the sausage stew!!

NB

Please can you tell me how you are so slim when you eat such delectable things. Tis not fair.

Negerigeletschtempoit said...

How do you keep your girly figure, my friend? With these two precious chefs you have, it must be difficult!

I just loved the "cook's perks" part of the whole work! She deserved it, didn't she? And she is adorable, for sure.
Love ya!

bad penny said...

Yum Scrum so many talented cooks in your house you can spend more time crafting ! Rosie Mae was looking very hopeful !

Jess has made me a lemon drizzle cake lovely jubly

missy k said...

Hi Jo

At this rate you will be able to retire from the kitchen like Penny said!

Glad Luke's dish worked out well.... Rosie Mae will be cooking next ha ha!

I hope she enjoyed her doggy bath btw.

Love Karenx