Tuesday, 29 March 2011

I Got Mail Art (from Linda Freeman)


This is the second Mail Art received as part of the new 
Mail Art group I'm in, and this wonderful envelope is from Linda Freeman.  
The theme is "Where I Live".
It's in the form of a file folder, stitched round the edges to seal.  Linda has used vintage paper colour washed, a postcard of where she lives - Poulsbo - has been stitched on and the envelope was then stamped and embellished.  Even the address is stitched on.   The back of the envelope is in a similar style with a postcard of a Washington State Ferry and ferry ticket.


Inside the envelope Linda has put postcards of her local area, a fun reproduction postcard of the locally renowned Geoduck (giant clam), a tourist guide of Poulsbo and decorative magnet of Washington.
And an invitation from Linda to drop in and see her should I be in the area:0)

Poulsbo looks a lovely place to live!

XXX

18 comments:

Menopausal musing said...

Gosh but your postman is busy..:O)))))))))! Going to be even busier soon.........

craftattack said...

Lovely post! I think we all love getting post, and when it is soooooooooo gorgeous, then it really is something special!

Kimberly at ArtJoyStuff said...

Hi Jo,
Happy day when it's not only bills and junk in the mailbox!
Such fun!
enJOY,
Kimberly

Susan Allan said...

What a gorgeous creation to receive. How clever to stitch on even the address..that is impressive.

I bet the one you sent was wonderful too!
Sue xx

Negerigeletschtempoit said...

That's special, Joanna. Are you going to let us see what you prepared?
Love ya!

Joanna said...

Shhhh, don't say anything but I haven't done mine yet as they are scheduled to go out at the end of April. I'll show them to you when they're received.

xx

missy k said...

What gorgeous mail art.... and what a fun swap.

Karenx

arts4all said...

What a treasure trove of goodies from Washington State!!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Your mail would bring a smile to anyone's day!!

I hope your week is off to a good start!!

Virginia said...

More mail art - gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous - bet it has you grinning from ear to ear!

Susan T said...

Are you going to save some pennies towards the knee surgery your postman will almost surely need by next year? It's OK I am only jealous. I have resorted to sending for swatches and paint sample pots through the mail. I want pretties coming through my letterbox too!

bad penny said...

Lovely mail - I got two free sachets of coffee and Jess got an eco water filter for a tap !

Lenna Young Andrews said...

wonderful mail! Isn't it fun?

trisha too said...

You get the BEST mail!!!!

:)

Margaret said...

My favourite kind of mail! fab package you received, what a great idea

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

What a fun swap, You certainly get lots of lovely mail Jo! Your postie must think it is Christmas everyday at your house!! ;)

Jan x

A Creative Dream... said...

What great mail art! We did this not so long ago over on my blog as a prompt too. Thanks for posting about the give away, your name is entered!

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Great mail art,Jo! TFS.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs,
Marie