Wednesday, 16 March 2011

I got Mail Art



Little arty treats are coming through my letter box thick and fast and I'm lovin' it!

I have recently joined a Mail Art Swap group, exchanging with 5 others.
  
The group is being organized (extremely well) by
Sue Emmerson who bravely took the short straw and chose to create and send her Mail Art first, with the least amount of time to do so.  
We are on a schedule (I am at the end of the list and so don't have to send mine off until the end of April.  Ssssshhhhh, but I haven't made mine yet!).

The first theme that we are all working on is "Where I Live."



Sue's vibrant Mail Art arrived today all the way from Australia which is totally on the other side of the world from me (in less than a week, which I'm rather impressed with). 
 Her paper collaged envelope really gives an idea about the country and more local environs.  Sue sent tourist information leaflets about the local places of interest, including a steam railway, beautiful (and magical if the leaflet is to be believed.....) caves, and museum.  Sue also enclosed a personal notecard in which she gives lots of interesting information about the place she actually lives, 90km west of Sydney (population less than 40!) - it's absolutely fascinating.
As a gift she sent a beautiful Aboriginal Art Magnet.

Thank you, Sue, for this super first Mail Art for our new group.

10 comments:

Gina said...

How lovely. I'm thinking it could be fun to make customised envelopes for my postcards in our postcard swap. I'm also seriously impressed by the number of swaps you seem to take part in!

Carmen said...

I agree with Gina - what's your secret for keeping on top of things? It's a constant mad panic here.

Love getting snail mail, that's one fab package you got there *g* Love the sound of the magical caves!

Katie said...

Nothing better than "real" mail. I do mailart with folks through Good Mail Day- so fun! Yesterday I sent off a beautiful envelope and the only stamps they had were Ronald Reagan...kinda messed up my floral,pastel theme!

Chriss Rollins said...

Some gorgeous stuff coming through your letter box.

Have a great rest of week

Chriss x

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Mail art is so much fun!!TFS.
Have a great day.
Hugs,
Marie

Virginia said...

Absolutely gorgeous what a great idea!

Gaby Bee said...

Great stuff! I too love mail art!

Have a fab day,
Gaby xo

Minky Magic said...

That Mail Art swap sounds a lot of fun! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, glad the altered images link was useful! Cheers, Marie x

missy k said...

If only all mail looked this good.....

This sounds like its going to be a very interesting swap!

Karenx

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

I love mail art!
..and what a great theme too.
Enjoy :)