Thursday, 17 March 2011

More Gorgeous Mail - 'Spring' ATC swap

I really don't often have weeks like this, when gorgeous mail comes through the letter box every day, but this IS one of those precious weeks.

Today was a packet from Penny, over at The Linen Shelf, who recently arranged an ATC swap with the theme of 'Spring.'  Click here for a reminder of all the ATC's I made for the swap.

Beautifully packaged, as always from Penny, were 6 ATC's.



First up is this beauty from Penny, the hostess herself.  So pretty and delicate, I adore the fabric, paper, birdy rubber stamp and neutral colour choice.   Gorgeous, I think you will agree.


Next up is this delightful artwork from Annie.  Look at the beautiful colour wash background, stitching, stamping, music score and sweet fabric snippets.  Perfect Spring colour choices.  Annie presented her ATC in a gorgeous stamped Mulberry paper folder.


The third ATC for me to share with you is this wonderful one by Sabrina at Schtuff@home.  I had already sneaked a peek at these on Sabrina's lovely blog and knew I would be happy with any of the ATC's she made (they are all quite different),  but I was so delighted when I got this one!  The background is  pretty, love those subtle greens and blues, toned down with touches of white.  The image of the 2 girls on their tippy-toes is fun, and I love the added soap ad and stitching.


Next up is this superb confection of colour from Margaret at Alice and Camilla.  Reminding me to plant my seeds in Spring if I should wish to enjoy such a beautiful Summer display, this gorgeous ATC is layered with netting, ribbon, stitching, planting information, that seed packet picture with the riot of colour and sweet contrasting colour 3D butterfly (the scanner squashed him a bit but he's puffed up again now).  I love it!


The next gorgeous ATC (I know, they are all so stunningly gorgeous aren't they?!) is from Ooglebloops (sorry, I don't know her real name).  The background is a stunning blue with a wisp of white, and this white is carried through with the ric-rac and pretty edging.  The sweet mother of pearl button embellishes the image of the 2 darling birdies in a nest.



Finally, is one of mine that Penny chose to come back to me.  Welcome home, sweet lambies!

A BIG thank you to Penny for organizing this swap, it was fun to take part and a dream to receive such beautiful artwork.

XXX

13 comments:

joy said...

Oh, my! These are all fabulous ATC's, Joanna! You are one lucky gal!

Nathalie Thompson said...

Wonderful collection! Each one a true gem. :)

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

You are one lucky Lady!!These are all so beautiful.TFS. Have a woderful weekend.
Hugs,
Marie

missy k said...

What wonderful post you've had this week. These atcs are all totally springlike and charming!

It's been beautiful here this afternoon.... I have all my windows open letting in the lovely fresh air and the little birds are singing.... the sun is out - I love it!

Love Karenx

Scrappy Grams said...

I'm new to this blog so I'm not familiar with an ATC. What is this? I love the look, but don't understand what it's for besides the beauty.

Kellys Art Journaling/ Sharing The Journey said...

These are all so beautiful - lucky lady!

Joanna said...

Hi Scrappy Grams - just left an answer on your blog!

x

Scott and Trisha said...

That IS some nice mail!

:)

Carmen said...

I absolutely love all the layering on them. Yum!

Katie said...

some great atcs. Penny is always making the most elegant art. I love them all and will check out the others' blogs too. take care!

Joan Y said...

What wonderful and creative art! BTW, I'm a "Jo" too and have a dog that looks just like yours! And I have bunnies too. :)

Negerigeletschtempoit said...

I always click on each of your pictures, because I have to check every little detail.

You are a group of very creative ladies, that's for sure!

Love ya!

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

Wow, some fabby atc's there Jo!
What a Great swap :)