Friday, 4 March 2011

What's Rocking My World This Friday!


Thank you everyone for your lovely Birthday wishes yesterday for DH Grant.  He is easily pleased, with no special requests for his Birthday meal I made him one of his favourites, beef casserole.  I went out to Zumba in the evening, so he was able to sit watching the boxing on tv with a beer in hand, dog at feet and cat draped over his lap.   He was happy!

So, on to this week's list of what has made me happy and Rocked My World.

***

Firstly, Grant's birthday present.  Last year I got him Tim Holtz's Compendium of Curiosities.  I wrapped it up and everything.  He didn't quite know what to say.  

So how could I follow that for this year's present? 


 Well, it was a big birthday. 


 An '0' birthday.


  The Big 5-0.


  And then it came to me, and you will marvel at my thoughtfulness.


Yes!   The Tim Holtz/Sizzix Vagabond machine!  

Grant was speechless.  

Struck dumb with what I can only imagine is absolute delight.   I do believe I could even detect a little tear in his eye.  

The dog and the cat even gave him a selection of dies to go with it.

Nice touch, I thought.

We went out today for a lovely lunch with his parents and next week we will have a bigger gathering to celebrate his birthday.  And Vagabond acquisition.

*
I enjoyed my ATC swap with Kimberly from ArtJoyStuff.  
Her ATC for me is in transit, but she has received the one I made for her so I can now show you.


The theme was 'Bluebird'



And I couldn't resist doing a little bit of Mail Art to send it on its way!

My next swap with Kimberly is Alice in Wonderland.

Kimberly offers up 3 ATC's every Tuesday, if you think you might be interested in joining in (after all, why should I have all the fun?) click on the button on my right hand sidebar, Tuesday Trading Card Swap.

*
DD Hope and I are going to the


concert at Wembley Arena tomorrow! 

 What on earth does a 40 something mother, out with her 14 year old daughter, wear to a pop gig?
  
A dear friend suggested crop top and shorts with day-glo whistle round my neck.

 Thanks, but that's not very helpful.
  
I'm thinking not leather skin-tight trousers, 


bra worn as outer garment 


or mini skirt.


 Suggestions please!

*

I have successfully survived two, yes TWO, sessions of Zumba this week.  

Click on 'me' for more Zumba information

*


I have joined a couple of new swap groups.
I was invited (yes, invited, I didn't have to beg and plead) to join a new Mail Art Swap group.  There will be 6 of us and we will each be making 6 Mail Art envelopes bi-monthly on a chosen theme.


I am also joining a postcard exchange, sending off a themed postcard every 2 weeks.


Both look great fun and I'm looking forward to 'meeting' the other group members.


*


No cooking from DS Luke last week - his social life rather got in the way.  
However, he will be cooking on Sunday.


I just haven't told him yet;0)


*
The sun is out and although it is very cold, there is a Springlike optimism in the air.


***


I'm off to post this with Virginia, the Rocking Friday Head Girl (button on right hand sidebar).


Wishing you all a lovely safe weekend.


XXX

20 comments:

Kimberly at ArtJoyStuff said...

Hi Jo,
Just wanted to thank you again for the wonderful ATC and mail-art that it came in. Your work is superb! I am so happy to now own some of your art as my very own.
Thanks also for getting the word out about the swap.
enJOY,
Kimberly

Katie said...

Lucky husband!
What, you don't want to rock the leather pants or a mini skirt in winter? Can't you collage up a paper outfit?
Love your ATC and mail art!

Susan T said...

Ahem - small cough. I own an original piece from The Divine Urbani. Mr Steampunk is going on his travels tommorow to be framed. Your artwork is lovely. Enjoy tommorow, whatever you end up wearing!

Sue xxx

Virginia said...

Oh what a lovely list - sorry Royal Mail were naughty looking in pressies - honestly you can't get the staff these days can you! Love the bluebird ATC you did - let us know what you get in return!

No idea what to suggest to wear I'm afraid - not much of an X Factor fan usual gigs are always black leggings and black t-shirt ensemble LOL!

Hope you have a lovely weekend - quite envious of the lovely swaps you are involved in they all sound lovely - where do you find them from?

Also have to say that DH birthday presents is simply spectacular i bet he was soooooooooo pleased LOL

Hugs

Virginia

missy k said...

Why don't you borrow something of Hopes and just pretend you are 'like the same age?'

Just remember to post photos on your blog!!!!!

Love your swaps for Kimberley.

Have a great weekend

Karen

Kristin said...

You are quite the giver Jo, Grant is a lucky guy :) LOL. I think you are on the right track with the outfit, the key is all those need to go together and then you are set!! Have a fun time, we are excited for it to start here in the states, yeah we get Simon back!

Working on my ATC's, not sure they will equal your beauty but I'll try :)

SusieJ said...

ROFL @ your choice of b'day presents for Grant - how do you get away with it?
Loving all your artwork this week. :)
Enjoy the X Factor concert (as you know I'm a Strictly girl so couldn't possibly comment on what you should wear).
Hugs - I'm just off to do my list now.xx

bad penny said...

What do you buy for the man who has everything ( cat dog TV beer ) ? !!!

Oh have a fabby time & shout to Matt how much you & I spent on him ! You could just wear your glasses again.

Lorraine said...

glad your enjoying the zumba so how about going out in a little zumba gypsy type dress

Tracy said...

WOW!!! I'm most impressed that you survived two weeks of Zumba...that is one tough class! So how do you feel?
I'm curious after all the clothing options you chose what it is you actually wore out to eat?
:)

Steph said...

The ATCs and the mailart are beautiful.....whoa you've got the vagabond!!! that's fabulous!!! Happy creating!!! you'll be busy with all the swaps but I'm sure you'll love it....

oxo steph

Ragamuffin Gal said...

Reading your darling and fun posts Jo is always a treat for me! You and DH seem made for each other with both liking to create wonderful things. Your atc is so fabulous as is your mail art. It make me happy just to look at both ~ so spring like! And your outfit commentary is hilarious. My solution, when in doubt wear black (slimming, does not stand out, and goes with everything) and add a fun scarf and earrings. You always make me smile Jo ~blessings!

Joanna said...

Ummmm, maybe I should now confess that the Vagabond was really for me;0) Grant wouldn't have a clue what to do with one and he has far too many fingers and thumbs to do anything with this paper crafting lark!

Thank you for the outfit suggestions for the X Factor pop concert. I giggled at Katie's idea of a paper collaged outfit, and Krtistin's idea of wearing the skin tight leather trousers, bra on the outside of top AND a mini skirt. Lorraine, there most certainly was not enough room for my Zumba routines! However, I was most taken with Penny's idea of going to the X Factor pop concert in my Calendar Girls style appareil, wearing only my glasses..........

xx

Negerigeletschtempoit said...

I'm sorry for being so late... but my best wishes for your Husband (and You) are sincere and from the heart!
Love ya!

Dogwood said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby.
Oh lalala for those clothes.
Wowee.
Love the theme of the bird ATC.
I love birds.
And, have many bird feeders out in the yard.
Have a cozy evening.
Hugs, Cory/Dogwood

Dogwood said...

PS
I adore Tim Holtz.
He is so talented.
My friend who is a wonderful artist met him at CHA in Los Angeles last month.

Lenna Young Andrews said...

It took me forever to get here, Joanna. Love the birthday gifts you got your husband!!!!! You are too funny! xoxoxoxo

trisha too said...

You crack me up--I'll just bet that WAS a tear in his eye, lucky guy! ;)

How was the concert? What did you wear? Don't leave us in suspense!

sugar Creek said...

Well Happy Belated Birthday to him!! Hmmm what to wear? Well my 14 yr. old would say nothing embarrasing and she would probably pick it out for me!! Well I'm not totally alone... I still have the kids to take of! I'm going somewhere when he gets home darnit! I'll kidnap myself!!

MrCachet said...

I wish I could play along with the mail art thingy, Joanna, but at the moment I've some mail art of my own that hopefully will sell next weekend. At least I'm hoping you'll let me tag along and watch!