Saturday, 23 April 2011

ATC SWAP - GIRLS IN HATS


Although I have really rather too much on at the moment 
I just couldn't resist 
Kimberly's ATC swap this week, 
with the theme of 
'Girls in Hats'.

With a fanfare I present to you,
Her Majesty the Queen.

Please stand 
and sing with me
'The National Anthem......'

"God save our gracious Queen.......


la la la la


.....God save The Queen."

Thank you.

She was 85 this week 
(Happy Birthday, Ma'am). 
I hope she had some birthday cake.
And, of course, she's got a very big wedding 
to attend next Friday......
I wonder what hat she will wear?

For the background on this ATC I used a Union Jack paper napkin (bought in readiness for next week's celebrations), and put some gesso over the top particularly where I had planned her image to go.  She needed some newspaper bunting, some grunge edging, and, as she is Queen, a CROWN (brad).  With the edges distressed and the words stuck on she was ready to travel to Kimberly in the USA.

I sent her in a simple Mail Art envelope.



For more details about how to join in with Kimberly's weekly ATC swap, click on the picture below.



As an aside, as a little joke I once told my children, when they were about 4 and 6, that they were 
related to Queen Victoria.
My kids never remember anything I tell them.
Except this one thing.
For many years Hope, in particular, insisted to all who 
would listen, that she was related to the Royal Family.  
Luke, I think, learned to keep his mouth shut 
about it quite early on.
The look on Hope's face was a picture when 
I finally confessed the truth.
Just like when she realized that she really DIDN'T have to stand and salute when the Queen gave her Christmas Day speech on tv or she would be arrested.

You see, relaying this to you now I am feeling 
quite bad about it. 
But I am still giggling!

*
The ATC that Kimberly sent to me is so pretty.


She used a copy of an image in her own personal collection.
I love her nest hat with it's over large egg, and the truly dreamy expression on her face!
And the white stitching around the edge is the 
perfect finishing touch.
Thank you for swapping, Kimberly!

*
Finally, let me share with you an image of the terrible life endured by Susie, 
our hard done by and neglected cat.


Yeah, go on.
Report me.

XXX

22 comments:

hensteeth said...

Bloomin' brilliant ATC swop...lovin' Queenie. I hope you have lovely hols and thank you for your sweet, kind comments...always very much appreciated.

craftattack said...

Totally cool ATC! I hope you send HER a copy! And should you have a vacancy, I would like to apply for a job as cat.... Have a great weekend, Hugs, Valerie

Susan Allan said...

Your queen is just scrumptious. Thanks for the method!
You are a naughty mummy; though it makes an interesting and hilarious story!
That's definitely my cat you have there!
Sue xx

Susan T said...

Jolly ripping ATC of Her Maj. I love her little crown perched on her head makes her look quite jaunty.

Awe poor Hope - you are awful. I can imagine her standing in front of the TV now.

Please make a job application form out for the position of your cat. I would like to apply. I can sit in the sunshine all day without moving if required. You would have to build a jolly big cat flap though!

Sue xxxx Our sun has gone!!!! Boooo

Serenata said...

Wonderful swap, you really are clever. Now as for your cat...she really does look severely neglected and mistreated! ;-D

sugar Creek said...

Lovin those ATC's and that envelope! Hey I have told my kids numerous silly things as well. Hey it's our job as parents...right?! ;)
xxx

trisha too said...

You cat has it almost as bad off as our spoiled little princess . . .

ANYWAY, you naughty thing, fantastic art, as always--the envie is almost as good as the ATC, which turned out fabulous!

Dogwood said...

What a great theme for ATCs. Love the hats!
Oh, how I would love to be sitting with your cats on that darling garden bench.

Kimberly at ArtJoyStuff said...

Hi Jo,
Love your card and there is nothing "simple" about the envelope either.
You make me laugh.
I had my youngest convinced until he was 6 that I was always 29 years old, really a neat trick, especially since I was 31 when he was born.
enJOY a lovely day,
Kim

SusieJ said...

Fabulous ATCs from both of you.
LOL at the fibs you told your children!
And how dare you make your cat sit on a cushioned bench in the sun? It's such a hard life being a cat or a dog isn't it?
Hugs xx

Scrappy Grams said...

You made me laugh out loud! You are a tease!
The queen was quite lovely then.
Oh, to live the life of a cat. ~sigh~
Happy Easter!

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Jo,
both ATC's are beautiful!!!
You're such a tease:)
Have a happy Easter.
Hugs,
Marie

Negerigeletschtempoit said...

Your work continues to amaze me. I know I've been repeating myself all this time but, what can I say? You DO make beautiful art!

Susie does look very mistreated, underfed and neglected! LOL... You go Susie!

Have a great Easter, Joanna!
Love ya to pieces.

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

I love she wears a crown. It's gorgeous!

Ragamuffin Gal said...

Fabulous cards Jo!!! And your 2 queens (One being of the fur kind) are so elegantly beautiful! I do hope that the one you've sent across the pond will make it back in time for Friday's wedding!!!
Blessings, me

bad penny said...

Fab hat swaps here love them both and your divine envelope. Billy has taken to sleeping in the dirty laundry basket . The less said about that the better but at least he's out of the clean laundry basket !
Happy Easter Jo xx

Heavens2Betsy said...

Your ATC is fabulous Jo. In fact, it is my favourite of ALL TIME! So clever and so funky. I bet her maj would love it too. Hats off to you and happy easter. Your cat obviously needs rescuing but I'm afraid there is no room at my own personal animal shelter! Pen x

daisy said...

You've picked a beautiful image of our Liz to use on your ATC & I adore the couple on the envelope.

Hope Queen Susie has enjoyed the glorious weather ... see Hope there is royalty in your family after all!

Susan Norwood said...

LOL, great joke on your kids! I love your ATC of the queen and your mail art envelope! I live in the USA but can't get enough of the royal wedding news. Can't wait to watch it all this week!

Lenna Young Andrews said...

Your ATC and envelope are OUTSTANDING, Jo!!!! LOVE both of them! xo

johanna said...

wonderful post! love your atc and the envelope is great, too!

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

Stunning atc's and wowsa at that mail art!!
Lol at the little fibs we tell our kidlets!! You are sooooo naughty Jo, but you did make me giggle!! :)
..and I think Princess Susie may still believe your tales of the families royal connection!! Bless her!
Jan x