Wednesday, 27 April 2011

I Got Mail ART (from Lenna Young Andrews) and a Ninja

(front)
At Last!

I have been waiting not very patiently for 
the latest Mail Art to arrive.

I knew Lenna Young Andrew's artwork was on its way but like a watched kettle, it seemed to never arrive (or boil!).
The theme is still "Where I Live" and 
Lenna lives in Bradenton, Florida.
This wonderfully over the top envelope made me laugh 
when I saw it - it is such fun!
A stitched envelope with paper collage, stamping, 
embossing, sand (?!) and even some netting.  
There is so much to take in and enjoy.
Lenna has got some superb rubber stamps 
just great for Mail Art 
('Mail Art mingles hearts', 
'A day without mail is like Sunday' and my favourite, 
'Let me know if you don't receive this').


(back)
On the back is a tourist information map of the local area with an arrow pointing us in the direction of Lenna's home.

(inside)
The envelope was stuffed full with different postcards, wonderful photographs of indigenous wildlife (and a sweet photograph of Lenna and husband Steven) and information about local places of interest.
DD Hope was having a good look through them all and was particularly interested in a delightful postcard detailing Florida's sea shells.  "Oh, that's just great!" she said.  I looked at the shell she was pointing at, unusually called  
'Bleeding Tooth'.
Guess what?  She's having a tooth removed tomorrow!

So much work, thought and effort has gone into the creation of this gorgeous Mail Art.

Thank you, Lenna.

Note: Lenna runs Creative Swaps (I'm currently involved in her 'Little Books' swap), and her 
other blog is Creative Lenna.

***
And there was another mailbox treat for me....

I recently won a giveaway by funny clever Carmen at Whoopidooings.

I won a NINJA!

This little treasure is from
contact...

and you can find many more sweet Ninjas there, all needing a forever family.


Ninja-Girl 

The Love Heart sweet looks so real.

Thank you, Carmen.
Ninja-girl has settled in already and is much loved.
Despite her karate chop action and double leg kick reflex 
when the phone rings.

XXX

15 comments:

Jeanie Callaghan said...

What a great day! Two great things in your mail! Lucky you.

Susan Allan said...

What a lovely story and that is such a coincidence! For some reason; why coincidences happen, is on my mind at the moment. I wish yor daughter well with tooth removal!
Sue xx

craftattack said...

Lenna's mail art is great, lucky you! And that Ninja is really cute! I love getting mail, too - who doesn't? and when it is so lovely....well! Bye for now, Valerie

missy k said...

What a stunning piece of mail art.... it was fun checking out all the details. I loved the 'like Sunday stamp' best. Your Ninja is super cute!

Good luck for Hope tomorrow.... hope the appointment isn't at 2.30. (Tooth hurty?) Sorry- couldn't resist! xxxxxx

Time for bed methinks!

Karenx zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Lenna Young Andrews said...

boy, mail art and a Ninja! wow!
Thanks sooo much Joanna and I am tickled pink (like those Flamingos) that you enjoyed. The netting I found on the beach and yes, that is real sand. I'll be writing about it in my blog soon. So glad you enjoyed the rubber stamp quotes ; ) )

Scrappy Grams said...

I enjoyed those quotes also! What fun! You ladies amaze me with your use of things that many would toss. Ecology at its most creative. :)

sugar Creek said...

Hey I used to live there! It's just beautiful there, I would go back in a heartbeat! Congrats on the win, he's cute! xx

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Wonderful mail art,Jo and the Ninja is adorable.Have a great day.
Hugs,
Marie

SusieJ said...

Fabulous mail art Joanna. And, wow, that Ninja is so cute. Lucky you.
Hugs xx

bad penny said...

That's fab mail art & I adore the little Ninja with the love heart !

Susan T said...

I live in a sheltered world - never seen a Ninja before - so adorable. So much work has gone into that envelope - this mail art thing is addictive I should think.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Hi Jo! I'm catching up on your blog and will again say how much I love the creativity and imagination that has gone into this mail art--I would be looking forward to getting them too!!

Also on your last post about the royal wedding--I have to admit that I took the day off work to get up early and watch. I've been asking patients all week if they plan on watching and they have said no. I think they secretly are going to, they just don't want to admit it! :-)))

Jewels said...

Hi Jo (from VERY soggy Ontario, Canada) - in a local cafe with wireless so checking up on my fav blogs. GREAT mail art from Lenna (would not expect anything less) - I just got mine in the mail to the group I'm swapping with - we did a similar theme for our first one - I'll be posting pics soon. Have got some work done on my "little books"while here! Enjoy the BIG DAY tomorrow (that's all they seem to be talking about here!). J

Heavens2Betsy said...

Tee hee. Love your Ninja winnings! And your mail art is just gorgeous. Enjoy the wedding weekend Jo and the fairy cakes! Pen x

Carmen said...

Ohhhhhh, I just spotted this! I wondered if Ninja beat the Easter post! Yaaaay :D

Your mail art is truly gorgeous too. I love snail mail.