Sunday, 10 April 2011

I Got Mail Art (from Yvette Snowden)

Back of envelope
I got some more lovely Mail Art from my Mail Art swap group!
This time it was from Yvette Snowden, who comes from Maryland.  
The theme of the swap is 
"Where I live."
I have learned so much about where the other girls in the swap live, and Yvette's envelope opened a window on her part of the world.

Front of envelope
I really like the background with its vibrant colour.  It looks like it was sprayed (?) over a mask and there is also what looks like stenciling of the same design.  
Very pretty and very effective.


The envelope was stuffed full with postcards, loads of local and geographical information, a recipe for crab cakes (a local dish that looks delicious) which Yvette had put on a decorated tag and a 
Washington DC lapel pin.

Thank you, Yvette!

I'm starting to feel the pressure now - mine are due to be posted out to the other girls at the end of April and 
I haven't started them yet.  
Lots of ideas but nothing stuck to an envelope yet...;0)

XXX

13 comments:

Jewels said...

Wow that is so cool Jo - I really like the envelope Yvette did for you

Scrappy Grams said...

It's always a delight to me to receive snail mail! Real mail, not bills and advertisements. Sometimes even catalogs. But to receive treasures, what fun!

missy k said...

This challenge seems like so much fun.... what a bumper pack of info.

~Going to check out the Claudine H class now :)

Karenx

SusieJ said...

Fabulous mail art! And fascinating contents.
Hugs xx

Susan T said...

Getting fun mail again eh. I will now need to send for some samples. So little beauties drop through my door too.

bad penny said...

Gorgeous & colourful. Lovely to get fun mail through the post !

Serenata said...

Lovely lot of goodies there, sounds like a fun swap.

Carmen said...

Hahaha! Am just thinking what I could possibly include in an envelope for a swap like that. Chav central this place!

Yours however is gorgeous, what a happy envelope to receive.

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

What a fab and interesting swap to brighten up the mail!

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Jo,
you do get to know many places that way - wonderful swap!TFS.
Have a wonderful day.
Hugs,
Marie

Dezinaworld said...

wow thats a wonderful package.
Have a fab week
hugs June xxxx

Lenna Young Andrews said...

mine was similar but different -Yvette did a great job and I am happy to be part of it, just started gathering & thinking for mine due out April 20th!

Linda said...

These are oh so pretty and I DO love those vibrant pinks. I'm having such fun with this swap!