Friday, 22 April 2011

What's Rocking My World This Friday!


Good Friday today.

And with the sun out, the Pinot Grigio chilling in the fridge and the jobs for the day done, it really is a very good Friday.

Today's list of 'gratefuls' is as follows...

***

Rosie Mae.

This dear old girl never ceases to amuse me.

Today, Grant and I were sitting in the garden enjoying a cup of tea (Earl Grey, dribble of milk) when Rosie Mae started walking v-e-r-y  s-l-o-w-l-y round and round our little potted Christmas tree.  

We said she looked like she was 'In The Vortex."
She had probably just been taken over by aliens.


video


After she'd been doing this continually for 5 minutes 
I thought I'd film her.
 With her bizarre behaviour the accompanying music 
seemed appropriate.
Maybe we'd better call in Fox Mulder to investigate........


Mmmmmmmmmm.

*

The gorgeous sunshine.


Never expected in the UK.
But just what was needed. 
At the right time as well (school holiday time).

*

School shoes purchased, phew!

DD Hope has very difficult feet to buy for - 
rather long and very narrow.  
It is always with a sense of dread that we go 
shoe shopping but, hurrah,  
shoes that (almost) fit were bought by 10am 
yesterday morning.

Tactless comment by shop assistant to Hope,
"Have you always had big feet?"



*

DH Grant.
He's been off work this week on holiday 
(what a fantastic week to choose!).
He's been a busy boy all week,
gardening, clearing, tidying, 
and all the time he's been soaking up the sun.
And ice cold lager.

*

DS Luke.
Luckily for him I love him to bits.
He's been on a one-man mission to break 
every plate, bowl and cup in the house.
But it wasn't his fault, you understand.
Neither was it his fault when chocolate got smeared all over the armchair, when he was the only one sitting 
in it eating chocolate.  
2 days after I had washed the covers, grrrrr!

*

DD Hope.
Our funny, beautiful girl.
Giver her apple pie and ice cream and she's happy.
She's easily pleased.
She's also so excited that it's Doctor Who on the tv tomorrow.
For those who don't know (probably in the USA?)
the present Doctor Who is Matt Smith.
The previous Doctor Who was
David Tennant

*sigh*


Not an obvious 'hunk' perhaps, but gorgeous all the same.
A brilliant actor, particularly when he's saying,
"I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry." 
He seemed to say that a lot as 'the Doctor'.

DD Hope and I are going to see him and Catherine Tate (also in the picture above) in Shakespeare's
Much Ado About Nothing
in London, 
in June.
Row K in the Stalls.
We'll be within lunging distance!

*
Well, the kettle has boiled so it's time for a cup of tea 
and a homemade strawberry muffin, yum.



Wishing you all a happy and peaceful
Easter weekend.

***

 I'm going to post this with Virginia at Celtic House (Rocking button on Right hand sidebar) and then I'll be visiting the other Rockers to find out what has made their week Rock.

XXX

15 comments:

SusieJ said...

What a fabulous list Joanna.
Strange behaviour from Rosie-Mae but I'm sure she had a very good reason!
Thanks for the yummy photo of David Tennant. sigh.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Hugs xx

Katie said...

Lovely,sunny week to enjoy. That cracked me up about Hope-I have worn a size 11 (American) since...oh,god,when?...and it has always been a pain to find cute shoes,especially heels.Maybe that's why I have a closet full of killer boots.I always hated those big feet comments!! But luckily, I grew up tall! Now, getting a bit older,I notice sometimes I need a 12! oh crap...I better not have kids or I will be forced to wear mens' shoes the rest of my life!! :0) Hang in Hope!

Jane Housham said...

I had to laugh at the film of Rosie-Mae, the dear. I have huge feet too and am highly sympathetic. Just never go and live in Italy where they just shrug and point to the men's department.

Susan T said...

I just love the film of Rosie Mae. What was she doing?

We MEANT to garden today - but when we came back from the nursery we sat down in the sun and had a little drink - then another - until resolve melted away and we just sat back and enjoyed the sunshine. Weather like this is rare in Lancashire so we grab it while we can.

Did you HAVE to remind me that you are going to see ' Much Ado' in June - the word envious doesn't even come close!

Life sounds pretty good down there in the Garden of England. I hope that you all have a wonderful Easter weekend.

Perhaps Rosie Mae was divining for Chocolate Easter Eggs - if she finds any let me know.

Much Love

Sue xxx

craftattack said...

Love your list this week - as always - but Rosie Mae has to be the winner! Dogs can be so funny! Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

Carmen said...

I think with Mr Tennant he has what you'd call Geek Appeal. He is definitely more swoonsome than Mr Smith alas. Who I like but he irritates me a bit. Also cannot wait for the new series.

Rosie Mae is a real character isn't she? :D Wonder if she achieved what she hoped to achieve.

BTW - yes - dishes were done...without having to ask. I'm starting to get suspicious!

Susan Allan said...

This post is really funny. You have cheered me up.
I feel just like Rosie Mae. That is me...my life in a nutshell. I laughed at each of your paragraphs about your family and the shoe seller's remark....hilarious.

Do you mind if I mention you on my lastest and morbid posting? I will anyway, but tell me if you want me to remove it.

Sue xx

Tracy said...

Gosh, it sounds like you have a lot rocking your world! Sit for a spell with that cup of tea and enjoy your afternoon!
thanks for the updates; YES, the clerk was very rude indeed!

Heavens2Betsy said...

What a happy week! Jo, your posts make me giggle every time. Daft dog, Sweet(s) Boy & Hopes encounter with a shoe saleswoman so obviously in the wrong job are all memories to titter at. And, your strawberry muffins make my WW Lemon & Ginger biscuits look positively scraggy and unappealing!!! Enjoy your Easter dearest Jo. Pen x

Ohhh Snap said...

That is one well examined pot lol. Makes me wonder what was out there? Wishing we had cable so we could watch the good Doctor. I like Matt Smith, but David Tennant was divine (lots more running under his doctorship if I recall correctly). TFS, and happy Friday :D

Serenata said...

Sounds like the most perfect Friday to me. It is another glorious day today as well, so will be enjoying time spent outside again.

bad penny said...

Poor old Rosie Mae ... Sam started doing a loop of the house ending up behind the kitchen door. We called him ' Ten Second Ted ' ( from the film 50 first dates ) as he had a ten second memory period.
Joe is looking forward to Dr Who too.
Have a lovely Easter weekend Jo your postcard will be in the post on Thursday !
xx

Negerigeletschtempoit said...

And nobody figured out what Rosie Mae was up to?... She was only enjoying the soft, soothing brushing of her back by the lower branches of the tree...LOL. Cute sweet pie!

I hope all of you enjoy a very happy Easter Sunday!!

Virginia said...

Oh that's a lovely list this week - made me smile - the music frightened the living daylights out of me when I clicked the video - that'll show me for having rock music on loud LOL! Hope you managed to remove the chocolate without a full re-run of the washing! We've had a great week but very tiring - so forgive the short post!

Lenna Young Andrews said...

I would like a strawberry muffin please! : )) Your thankful post always make me happy!