Thursday, 5 May 2011

Lovely mail (from 2 lovely bloggy-buddies)


Yesterday was a Good Mail Day thanks to 
2 lovely bloggy-buddies.


Look at what made me smile when I staggered through the front door at the end of a long day!
This fun happy Mail Art from Virginia is gorgeous - 
and so 'her'. 
 I love those ridiculous faces and 'ta-da' pose!


Inside the envelope was this superb art card (8" x 8").  I admire Virginia's journaling style and aspire to achieve something of it's style and freedom.  There are loads of her journal pages to see on her blog Celtic House - click here to see it (her pages for 'Darcy's 52 words' 
are particularly inspiring). 
If you do drop by, say hello from me!

Thank you so much, Virginia!

*

So I picked up Virginia's Mail Art and underneath was 
this packet of goodies 
from Valerie in Germany.



Inside the beautifully stamped envelope was this card, as well as an oriental-girl bookmark, which is perfectly made and so very clever ( I can't start to imagine how she put it together) and she'd also slipped in the gorgeous tag, which is lush with all of its layers and textures.
Valerie is a prolific crafter, and you can see her creations 
on her blog Bastelmania.  
Click here to go and have a look, 
and please let her know I sent you!

Thank you so much Valerie!

***

So if you are in the UK, have you voted yet?
I have.  
As a woman I think it is particularly important to exercise my right to vote (the suffragettes fought too long and hard to get the vote for women for me not to use it).
Grant and I went down to the local 
community hall this morning.
The electoral officers are usually rather elderly and, 
in the past, have been rather lacking in smiles.
But not today.
3 smiling hotties, as Grant called them, sat waiting for us.
A blonde, a brunette and a redhead.
Never has Grant been so animated about the voting process, he's not a lech, he just likes a pretty face (I know, I know, so why did he marry me etc etc!).
As we left the blonde even called out for us 
(he thinks she meant just him) 
to have a nice day.

Bless him, shame he only gets one vote.

I'll be back tomorrow with my Rocking list, 
so until then, 
byeeeee!

XXX

10 comments:

craftattack said...

You are very welcome. May every day be a good mail day ( or did I mean male day?) Hugs, Valerie

trisha too said...

It always makes me smile when I see one of my "imaginary friends" on another one of my "imaginary friend's" blogs--as if I really know you all! Great mail art, Joanna, and Valerie really does make amazing things!

:)

Lenna Young Andrews said...

Thanks for sharing your mail art, Joanna. Yum yum! So lovely. But then again, you are always so nice & considerate, I think it is perfectly proper for you to be spoiled like this! Enjoy. : ) lenna

Virginia said...

Ah bless - it's funny to see it through a screen now LOL! Glad it arrived safely and was well received - it was such a joy to make.

I love your other mail also - the bookmark is absolutely gorgeous!

Hugs

missy k said...

What lovelies.....

ps I have a question.... how do you blur out your address?

I'll be back later for the answer!

SusieJ said...

Lovely mail Joanna.
I too had mail art from Virginia - really cheered me up.
We've just been to vote (I agree about the Suffragettes - I've never missed an opportunity ).
Hugs xx

Joanna said...

Thanks everyone for your comments.

Hi Karen, I have the facility to blur out my address on my pc but I have also done it by going onto http://www.picnik.com/ where there are a whole load of photo editing tools. And it's free!

xx

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Hi Jo!! Your mail art that you are getting continues to inspire me!! :-))

I hope you're doing well, and have had a good week!!

Susan T said...

Truly lovely things - how inventive. A vision of loveliness and all I get to see is THAT ROOM!

Carmen said...

I really, really adore Virginia's tattooed ladies - her art is so fabulous :)