Tuesday, 3 May 2011

Postman's Knock - received


Penny's eagerly awaited postcard has arrived, hurrah!

All the participants of Postman's Knock have chosen a different theme to receive, and the theme I have chosen is 
'Yee Ha! Ride 'em Cowboy.'


Penny's arrived suitably wrapped up in the stars and stripes. 
Look at this treasure that was inside.....


Penny must have found a wonderful old cowboy comic or book because these are original pages that she has used to create the many layers behind them there cactus plants!


The edges look like they've been singed by the camp fire cooking those beans (dang beans again!).


And no, please don't shoot the buffalo, they get mighty angry.


Rollin', rollin' rollin', get those wagons rollin',
RAWHIDE!


Naughty cowboys, we say Native Americans now.


I love all the images and how Penny has layered them. 


The final images, including a map of America and a happy waving cowboy, form the background of the postcard.


On the back of the postcard is another fab fire singed sheet giving examples of the words that 
could be used in a written exercise about cowboys.

This is brilliant, Penny, simply brilliant.
You have surpassed yourself, girl!
Thank you so much.

XXX

15 comments:

Gina said...

Wow! What a treat. And I loved the bee card you made for Lesley.

Susan T said...

That thar Penny sure knows how to wrap a pressie. How lovely it all is - damn the V keeps sticking on my keyboard, must be a biscuit crumb underneath, oops did I say biscuit. I meant of course Ryvita, I seem to have fallen off the wagon a bit since Easter Eggs. I could do with a whip cracking behind ME!

If I didn't post a comment on your lovely bee card I meant to. I am a bit boyfriended (not mine hasten to add!) and MIL'wd out at the mo. I used to dream of having a little B&B somewhere hot - forget it!

Will e-mail V soon I think I owe you one.

Carmen said...

So clever. You are receiving (as well as sending) some real stunners in this swap!

Jane Housham said...

Ah that was definitely worth waiting for! And I loved your bee too.

craftattack said...

This is really finger-lickin' good, just great! Valerie

SusieJ said...

Wow! This is fabulous.
Hugs xx
Do you remember "Blazing Saddles" and the beans? snigger.

Menopausal musing said...

Oh thank goodness you got this one. I was beginning to think this might be the first one to get lost in the post. It is yet another brilliant "take" on a theme. Well done Penny!

bad penny said...

I loved making this one Jo - after two failed attempts found an old encyclopedia in the Charity Shop & shouted "Yee Ha !" It was all about Buffalo Bill & the pony express. Had fun burning paper ( umm must check my smoke alarms ) and yes Susie I remember Blazing saddles !

missy k said...

What a wonderful piece Jo...... fab illustrations.

ps thanks for the info!

Karenx

sugar Creek said...

That really is great! Love the layering as well.
Oh by the way, Mr. Sugar Creek finally fixed my trellis!! Hot damn sam my roses are finally tamed!!
xx

Irish3 said...

How clever a postcard is that! I especially love the envelope as well, very old west!!

Lenna Young Andrews said...

what fun, you lucky girl!

Dogwood said...

i love snail mail.
enjoy.
have a nice evening.

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

What a fabby swap Jo.
I just saw this on Penny's blog..
...beautifully wrapped , clever layering and fab illustrations! Lucky you :)

Negerigeletschtempoit said...

Very creative, that Bad Penny is!!