Sunday, 15 May 2011

Postman's Knock - sent and received.


The theme chosen by Jane is

'Water'

and this is the postcard I created


The Archbishop I chose to use is Thomas Cranmer,
who was Archbishop during the reign of Henry VIII and was largely responsible for Henry's divorce from Catherine of Aragon and his subsequent split from the 
Roman Catholic Church.

The quote is, strangely, a favourite in a 
varied repertoire of DH Grant.
He learnt it at school and often trots it out should the 
subject of water arise.
Please note that for extra dramatic effect while quoting he uses the voice of the teacher.

Ah bless.

The Archbishop's image is another gel medium transfer (I know I'm rather addicted to them at the moment), but it came out SO well that I could have just stuck 
on his picture instead.
It would have been much less messy.
You can't see from the scan, but I gave him several coats of glossy varnish, to give him a 'wet look'.

*

From another Jane I received this 
'Yee Ha! Ride 'em Cowboy' 
treasure


Those high kickin' gals are gel medium transfers 
(see, it isn't just me!)
and Jane explained to me that the cowboy music score 
("I'm a poor lonesome cowboy") 
belonged to her granny.
A sweet personal touch.
I love the layering of the vintage comic book cowboy
 images and the gorgeous colours.


Jane also enclosed this facsimile of a 
vintage cardboard toy that she owns.
The cowboy is sitting on a pencil stub cleverly attached 
at the back, and with strategic placement of Blue Tack 
he rocks gently giving the effect that he is riding his horse.
Clever stuff, huh?

Thank you, Jane!

*

Now I've really got to put my thinking face on 


and come up with an idea for Gina whose chosen theme is
'Concealment and Revelation.'

XXX

10 comments:

craftattack said...

Lovely work again. Fancy using the poor Archbishop, though! Great things sent and received! Hugs, Valerie

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Jo,
just love the postcard you created.Gorgeous!!
Beautiful work you raceived too.
Have a lovely Sunday.
Hugs,
Marie

SusieJ said...

Fabulous Mail Art again Joanna - both sent and received - I'm loving your cowboy theme.
Hugs xx

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

More super mail art... loving seeing all the goodies sent and received :)
Good luck with the 'Concealment and Revelation' theme..Oh, and don't keep the thinking face on for too long Jo, It just might stick!! lol

Gina said...

Oh no! I hate to think I am responsible for that thinking face! I love the card you made for Jane.

sabrina said...

Both are beautiful pieces. I need to try that gel medium transfer. Fabulous outcome.

Susan T said...

I just love the Archbishop Jo, how original. Lovely pressies again huh. Coincidentally my face looks like that when I am thinking - that is why I don't do it very much!

Monica said...

they are all great and you are convincing me to try gel medium.

bad penny said...

Your card is beautiful Jo & I love the quote being said by Grant a lot! Why DO men do that ?!
Love what you received for your collection too !

Heavens2Betsy said...

Love your water card and the quote Jo. image transfers fascinate me ... and yours have been so superb! The cowboy theme just keeps on giving too doesn't it?! pen x